DVR rebooting

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
scb2k

Re: DVR rebooting

Post by scb2k »

I am seeing this issue; the receiver keeps rebooting. I don't know what to do. Tech support was not helpful at all. All they said was that I needed to return it. They gave me no details or even asked for a number.
tkmbe99

Post by tkmbe99 »

I had similar problems, 1-2 reboot pero day...
In my case it was the power supply. I had a 12V/1A which was at the limit. Now with 12V/2A no reboots...
Did notice because I put a external usb harddrive for backup and so it rebooted 2-3 times in the backup...
sdxeriscape

Post by sdxeriscape »

I believe there are 2 common defects that can cause this problem.
1) the power supply is defective or inadequate

or the problem I'm have and has been reported by a number of people:
2) the CPU cooling fan fails. Amcrest is unwilling to replace or even sell me a new CPU cooling fan for my dvr which is now 1 year and 3 weeks old!

And after the overheating caused multiple reboots, it magically reset my userid/password to the default, leaving my system completely unsecure for anyone to login and watch my family and home!

So buyer beware.
JFL

Post by JFL »

Easily solved my 1080p DVR constant rebooting issue: as advised previously in this thread, simply open up the DVR and (1) clean the fan with compressed air; (2) un-loosen the hard drive, slide out/off and carefully unstick the white power ribbon and relocate white ribbon from bottom of hard drive (where it blocks air vents) to float on top of the hard drive.
HaiNhi

Post by HaiNhi »

I have the exact same problem in both of my 1080p DVR:

- over heating, causing reboot within 5 mins or so with a "reboot with flag 0x01". If I turn them off, let them cool down then start up, they would run a little bit longer (15 mins or so) before getting overheating again.
- I open the boxes up to find out the cooling fans are toasted. They are not dirty, but very hard to turn by hand. I remove the 3 screws, check the circuit boards (of the cooling fans). They smell like burning, and I can see some chips got burnt.

So right now I'm using one of my cooling fans for computer to temporarily cool them down. Thing is, the power supply is only 2amp, not enough to power the fan. So they run pretty slowly. At least, no more annoying endless reboot with loud peeps!!!

I called tech support today actually. Their suggestion was to go turn off the "reboot every X day of the week". I actually believed them for a little bit. Tried to call them back but it was closed at.

I will call them tomorrow to see how they handle it.
pfranciskato

Post by pfranciskato »

I have the same issue, been going on for a few months now. My code is 0x04. Reboots many times a day or it might reboot 10 times a day. Since I have been home this evening, it was locked up when I got home, so I turned off and back on again. It has rebooted about 6 times now. I changed out the power supply a couple of months ago when it started this, seems to have cleared up for a couple of weeks but noticed I could not access my cameras by phone, it was because it was hung up. I put in a new hard drive and noticed the little fan was not freely turning. Blew out the dust and it turned better, but still rebooting many times a day. What scares me the most is this darn thing will be down when someone breaks into my home and I will be clueless who did it. I have recommended this same unit to 2 of my family members and others...and now I am not so confident that Amcrest is reliable.
jchiu

Post by jchiu »

I know this is an old thread, but I also fixed my DVR rebooting issue by replacing the power adaptor to a higher wattage, specifically 12V with 4 amps. The Amcrest supplied power adaptor is 12V with 2 amps and was working for slightly over a year. Perhaps the supplied power adaptor went bad, or maybe some other hardware part is going bad that now requires more juice to run. Anyhow, this seems to be a common problem and I spent the whole day trouble shooting this, so hopefully this post will save you some time.
FourYou

Post by FourYou »

jchiu wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:44 pm I know this is an old thread, but I also fixed my DVR rebooting issue by replacing the power adaptor to a higher wattage, specifically 12V with 4 amps. The Amcrest supplied power adaptor is 12V with 2 amps and was working for slightly over a year. Perhaps the supplied power adaptor went bad, or maybe some other hardware part is going bad that now requires more juice to run. Anyhow, this seems to be a common problem and I spent the whole day trouble shooting this, so hopefully this post will save you some time.
hi can you give me the link to the power adapter and is it compatible with older models...