DVR rebooting

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Zach

Re: DVR rebooting

Post by Zach »

Well 1 Mbps is equal to 125Kbps. What is the current bit ate of your cameras? You can check under the encode page. The app should bring up the Extra or Sub stream by default. You can lower the FPS and the bitrate and this will lower the quality but improve the ability to connect.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

DanNeumann

Post by DanNeumann »

Zach wrote:This is very interesting. Let me put this to our development team to see what the reboot causes could be. If you look in your logs at when it restarts do you see "Shutdown", "Reboot" entry, or "Reboot with Flag"? The main one I'm interested in is Reboot with Flag because that should show some insight into what caused the reboot.
I just looked at the log for my DVR and since 6am this morning it's had 2 Reboot with Flag episodes. Also says User logged in and user logged out a lot of times. Why is that since I haven't touched it all day.
Zach

Post by Zach »

What was the flag on the reboot? It should be something like [00x0] and may have more written in the log details. As for user's logging in and out, do you have it connected with to a mobile device?
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

vw11223

Post by vw11223 »

I experienced the similar problem. The error message is "Reboot with Flag [0x01]" :(

I bought two units and the same thing is happening. They reboot like every other 10~15 mins.
DanNeumann

Post by DanNeumann »

Yes it is connected to my Android phone thru the app. Also I now can't log in thru the WebUI since I changed the password on my DVR. It doesn't recognize the same password or the old one. Admin, nothing works.
DanNeumann

Post by DanNeumann »

OK, had another reboot today while I was sitting at my desk. Just out of the blue heard the loud "beep" and it shut down. Here's a screen shot of the log I took right afterImage
DanNeumann

Post by DanNeumann »

And again today. Image
Skins6983

Post by Skins6983 »

Is there anyone that was to troubleshoot this problem effectively? Amcrest sent me a new power supply and DVR and I am still having issues with the DVR rebooting constantly. This has caused me to shut down the system as it is constantly waking my children up with this loud beeps it makes when rebooting. This has been very frustrating.
DanNeumann

Post by DanNeumann »

I think it's got something to do with the programming that operates the system but I'm just assuming.
erac6329

Post by erac6329 »

My office where the DVR is located has French doors so I just close the door before going to bed so I don't here the loud beep when it reboots.