Can't View Cameras on Surveillance Pro

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Can't View Cameras on Surveillance Pro

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So here are a few things not covered...

One check Ethernet cable from computer to router/hub/switch. Replace and insert into a different port on connected device. If you have a managed Switch, I would look at the port data for the computer and see if there is any high number of errors.

Outside of that only other things that could come to mind you said they are showing as connected so that can not be the issue and that would be IP changes because not setup for Static in camera or NVR..

I guess another thing to try. If you are connecting using P2P and you are only using this computer at your local connection area then I would setup the devices using Ip method. This will cure any issues that might be here caused by P2P. I have some connected P2P and some over IP and testing them all I can connect with them on my ASP.. Direct IP line will be best option for ASP and local devices. Amcrest even in the past has told me that I should only connect local devices over IP for best results..
Be Safe.
hawkeye62

Post by hawkeye62 »

Thanks for your reply. I have changed the ethernet cable and the port on the switch that connects the 4108 to the network. I am not using P2P. I considered a "glitch" in Surveillance Pro, but I have two laptops with the same and only version of SP and both laptops have the same issue.
So, in my feeble mind, only the 4108 could be causing the issue. I have browsed the 4108 via the IP address, but, found nothing suspicious. I also didn't find any maintenance procedures. I will go to the 4108 directly and browse the actual hardware. Maybe there is a reset of some kind other than disconnecting power.

Regards, Jim
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok sorry maybe I didn't understand well enough.. So I understand better, You are able to connect with ASP to the cameras but not able to connect with the NVR? or is it both NVR and cameras that have hard time connecting when you are having connection issues? I mean I did have a 2108E-HS that had ethernet issue where I was not able to get my cameras to work using normal ethernet but the POE switch connection worked well.

If both your cameras and NVR have issues on ASP then not sure it is an Ethernet issue with the NVR..
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I would look at doing a Factory Reset to the NVR. What I do before doing so is take apicture of how you have the NVR setup. Even if you have to do this over the NVRs GUI. I use WebUI most times for tihs. However keep in mind that setup of the NVR would be best on the GUI because the IP of the NVR normally gets set to DHCP and the IP changes. For me I have not only setup my DVR/NVRs to Static on the recorders I also setup Static in my Router so that is why it works on WebUI for me..

Manual reboot in WebUI and Reset to factory see pictures below for a normal 4108h.
Screenshot (1867).png
Screenshot (1867).png (153.85 KiB) Viewed 103 times
Screenshot (1868).png
Screenshot (1868).png (152.14 KiB) Viewed 103 times
Be Safe.
hawkeye62

Post by hawkeye62 »

Just an explanation of the issue. I start the ASP to view my cameras. But, no camera will connect. Screen shows "Searching Video". All devices show as online. If I put the IP address of a camera in my Edge browser, it shows up with no problems. If I put the IP address of the 4108 in my edge browser, I can login to the 4108 and view any of the cameras.

I have tried to get to the NVR screens that you put in your message. I log in to the 4108 by putting the 4108 IP address in my edge browser. I get screens similar to the ones you posted. But, I don't see any way to attach files. (I am using Quick Reply.) Maybe if I use the Full Editor, I will be able to attach a couple of screen shots?

Regards, Jim
hawkeye62

Post by hawkeye62 »

OK, here are some screen shots of the 4108.

Regards, Jim
Attachments
Screenshot (48).png
Screenshot (48).png (180.02 KiB) Viewed 95 times
Screenshot (46).png
Screenshot (46).png (247.86 KiB) Viewed 95 times
Screenshot (46).png
Screenshot (46).png (247.86 KiB) Viewed 95 times
hawkeye62

Post by hawkeye62 »

Oops, got one twice.
Attachments
Screenshot (48).png
Screenshot (48).png (180.02 KiB) Viewed 94 times
Screenshot (47).png
Screenshot (47).png (175.3 KiB) Viewed 94 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok Click operations and the rest you can see in the picture..
Screenshot (1871).png
Screenshot (1871).png (61.1 KiB) Viewed 94 times
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Oh 1 last thing, I would change your IP from that IP as it might be fighting other devices... Make it anything but 108 that is within your network range anyway..
Be Safe.
hawkeye62

Post by hawkeye62 »

Revo:

I get none of the options that you show in the screen pics that you posted. Neither under Managment nor Operations. If you look at the screen shots I posted, you will see options for Management on one pic and options for Operations on another. Mabe I should go to the NVR directly rather than use the edge browser?

Regards, Jim