Can't View Cameras on Surveillance Pro

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Can't View Cameras on Surveillance Pro

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Operations, System Maintain, Default and if there is no default and find that odd seeing I have every 4108 offered.. And sure will admit that the 4108-A2 has a little different look then the HS model it is just maned different but mostly in the same space as the HS model that you have..

As you can see in the picture below Maintain and manager is how you get to the reset area on the A2.. Sorry thought by looking at the picture that I posted above it could be followed to what part of the menus I was in trying to save some typing time..

If in your Maintain there is no top menu for Default would love to see a picture of it and know what firmware you are using
Screenshot (1874).png
Screenshot (1874).png (54.78 KiB) Viewed 115 times
Be Safe.
hawkeye62

Post by hawkeye62 »

There are no screens on my 4108-HS like the ones that you have posted. I have attached a screen that is closest to your last post. My firmware version is V3.2.7,121467. I did an upgrade which appeared to install the latest version, but the number didn't change, so I guess I had the latest. Or maybe what I think is the version is wrong. I will post a pic of the screen that I thought had the version later.

Regards, Jim
Attachments
Screenshot (49).png
Screenshot (49).png (173.95 KiB) Viewed 108 times
hawkeye62

Post by hawkeye62 »

Hi Revo;

Here is a screen shot of the page where I got the firmware version, web version V3.2.7.121467.

Regards, Jim
Attachments
Screenshot (50).png
Screenshot (50).png (196.31 KiB) Viewed 107 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Screenshot (1877).png
Screenshot (1877).png (74.41 KiB) Viewed 105 times
Be Safe.
hawkeye62

Post by hawkeye62 »

Hi revo, well I finally found the Factory Reset and Default reset buttons. They were off screen bottom right on one of the pages. I did the Default reset and am considering the Factory reset. But, I need to do a backup or something in case I have to do a complete rebuild of what is there now.

Best regards, Jim
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Keep in mind that I don't recommend doing an Export also found in that window if your picture under imp/exp. However if your system is having issues and you export with issues when you import that data back the system may return with same issues..
Be Safe.
hawkeye62

Post by hawkeye62 »

Revo: From a previous post of yours.

"I would look at doing a Factory Reset to the NVR. What I do before doing so is take apicture of how you have the NVR setup. Even if you have to do this over the NVRs GUI. I use WebUI most times for tihs. However keep in mind that setup of the NVR would be best on the GUI because the IP of the NVR normally gets set to DHCP and the IP changes. For me I have not only setup my DVR/NVRs to Static on the recorders I also setup Static in my Router so that is why it works on WebUI for me.."

All of my cameras and the NVR are set as static IPs in my router. When you say "take a picture of how the NVR is set up", what exactly do you mean? I will make sure I have all camera IPs and names and passwords recorded. And I will have screen shots of the "Devices" page. What else should I have recorded before I do a Factory Reset?

Regards, Jim
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So for me I have 32ch 16P POE NVR, 16ch with 16 port POE, 16ch POE NVR with 8ch ports and others like 4108E with 8 ports and 4108-HS and many more. So when i go to do a Factory Reset on a NVR that don't have my cameras connected to I take a picture of how I have my cameras setup in the grid so i know where I like to put my cameras back online at.. So lets say my 4116E-HS that has 8 ports POE. The connected cameras are fine because they will come back up and only need to change the password info in the NVR for them to start streaming again. However ch9-16 will not come back online in the place they were so I setup my NVR to the max grid 16ch and take a picture. This way I know that ch9 should be camera x and I know where to put them. Again for my 5232E-16p only first 16ch could have cameras come back online in the right spot after a Reset. With that NVR in 32ch gird setting I can take a picture and put 17ch on, onto the right area of the NVR.. That is why I say take a Picture so you know where and what camera you normally have on what channel... Some like my 4116-HS that I have gifted to another it was important to know where I had them cameras placed because there was no POE ports for the cameras to come back online automatically..
Be Safe.
hawkeye62

Post by hawkeye62 »

Thanks for the reply. In my case I only have 8 channels and I don't really care which are on which channel. Although I can see why it might be nice to have them in some sort of sequence.

Best regards, Jim
hawkeye62

Post by hawkeye62 »

Hi Revo,

In my last post I forgot to ask, what are you doing with all of those cameras? Are you in charge of camera security at the White House?

Best regards, Jim