WOW this makes me want to stop with the Birds

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

WOW this makes me want to stop with the Birds

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Today is a sad day. As I have said, I watch birds. I have never watched them like I thought I would start to do with this Clutch. (With a Camera) After the last 2 Fledged I had my 8mp camera out there for a short time before she came back to start a new Clutch. I pulled my 8mp camera and put a 4mp zoom camera. Now wish I wouldn't have been zoomed in as close as I was and wish I would have had the IR on. However I didn't want the IR to bother her even though I know IR isn't seen by the birds normally, I just didn't feel like having them on that is why the Image for the Video is so Bright because I wanted to make sure they were just eggs still and had not hatched. They are days away form hatching as they only lay on them for 14 to 16 days before they hatch.

Anyway Something Snatched her off the NEST didn't hit my Window or my Camera. It is very sad day as these eggs were so close to hatching... Now I just want to pull all my Feeders and water fountains and not have a reason to care about what happens. I mean while they are Wild birds I go do things to help them with food and water and a place to nest.

This video is only the Sub Channel as that is all I was recording full time. Pulled from my 4108E-HS.
https://youtu.be/Kx8CAVQ-ing
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: WOW this makes me want to stop with the Birds

Post by Revo2Maxx »

At 5:25 the daddy returned to the nest. As long as there was nothing keeping the eggs warm and under incubation it will be a Miracle if either of the 2 eggs make it to be Hatchlings. I know his Young from the first round are still around and maybe he will be able to get one of them to help him with the eggs. Personally would be happy if at least one of them was to Hatch. I do know better and kind of setting my self up to being really let down when 1 they don't hatch and 2 he don't give up on pasted away eggs because it is in them that his young be born (Hatch)
Screenshot (4515).png
Screenshot (4515).png (837.31 KiB) Viewed 5043 times
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

WOW, I am not sure if the eggs are even able to make it. However he has called on a Surrogate mom to take the nest tonight. My guess is that it is his daughter or someone because he left the nest and a NEW Female has landed on the camera (The Real mom has never landed there) and came and is sitting on the Eggs. I know for sure it isn't the same Female that was there yesterday. You can look at the 2 and see her colors are not the same. Also it isn't the father again as he has a Red Chest and the current female has the lighter chest like the normal mom. It is amazing that he was able to find a Surrogate already. I checked all days of her landing to take the night shift and not once has she landed on the Camera. Yet this female did.

I really hope these eggs hatch as it would be a real Miracle, because what little I know about Mourning Doves is once they have been active laying on the eggs no longer then 30 min can go by without one of the 2 parents being on the eggs. It was the night of the 8th that I removed my Lorex doorbell from the NVR channel and setup the 4mp Mini Ptz to record her full time on the Sub Channel of my 4108E-HS NVR. So it has been 9 days today that she was Active laying on 1 egg for sure and I am not 100% sure when she had her second. However I will know something within 7 to 10 days from now if either of the eggs made it.
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well good news for me and other people that watch Doves that end up with a lost parent for a few hours in the night. While this might not be 100% for all but the good new for me anyway is that so far 1 of the Eggs hatched today at around the 7am hour. The Surrogate mom picked up the part of the shell and dropped it off the side, at this time I was able to get a good picture as the Hatchling wasn't moving enough to take a picture until she got back on the nest. Look under her body.
Screenshot (4543).png
Screenshot (4543).png (1.58 MiB) Viewed 5027 times
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Just a picture of the first feeding of the first Hatchling..
Screenshot (4546).png
Screenshot (4546).png (1.58 MiB) Viewed 5027 times
Be Safe.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

Very cool and nice to see. Now the work really begins for the adults!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Beautiful NEWS....

Both of the eggs have hatched and they have both made it to Hatchlings so far. What a Miracle it is I feel. I mean today the daddy didn't show up until 10am. This was after the daddy just got here and he collected the second part of the eggs as she took part of the shell when she exited and he grabbed the second half and at this point where the picture was taken he had just left to get it out of the nest and returned 20seconds later. I am glad he made it back that AM when the Female was taken at 5amish so only 3 hours+ off the nest. It is a Awesome day for sure..
Screenshot (4549).png
Screenshot (4549).png (1004.35 KiB) Viewed 4958 times
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

uh oh. It has been 15 min now since the daddy left. I think something must have happened to the female that he had laying on the baby doves. 8:18pm my time the daddy left the nest. he has never left the nest without the female being here.. I hope he out for some food and water and will be back. Geez this isn't a great feeling. I was better off without a camera watching them lol
Screenshot (4592).png
Screenshot (4592).png (1.67 MiB) Viewed 4882 times
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Maybe this is how it is. I mean they don't have much feathers. But looking around with my 850 in the back yard I see what I think is him on the Power pole that is maybe 100 Feet from them. Maybe it is what they do at this age. I mean it was just this AM that they were still getting Pigeon Milk from both the male and female, It is just odd not to see one on or next to the nest. Maybe he is looking for her because she is late? She has been showing up way before now normally.
Screenshot (4593).png
Screenshot (4593).png (1.54 MiB) Viewed 4882 times
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

OK well he is still there on the pole and she did show up just now..
Screenshot (4594).png
Screenshot (4594).png (1.36 MiB) Viewed 4882 times
Be Safe.