Need help with image quality

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
ITGuy1024

Re: Need help with image quality

Post by ITGuy1024 »

Pogo wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 12:27 pm You may simply be lacking the processing and display horsepower to adequately render 4K.

Additional details would be required to assess that.
I'm using an Amcrest 4k NVR to process the video feed. I'd hope it would be up to standard for video quality.
ITGuy1024

Post by ITGuy1024 »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 1:12 pm Cut down the red tree and your video issues goes away...

Jokes aside, the issue is that your camera is trying to focus on something that isn't in the right area for your view. So something you might want to try. If your camera has ROI setup the area where you want the camera to be best focused at. Keep in mind that doing so will or can remove the other area out of the picture all together. I mean like some cameras have a few ROI frames and others offer only 1. Then there are the ones that offer none and if that is the case that tree is the issue. This is my guess..
What is ROI? I'll look for it in the menus.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sorry. Region of Interest. So I know this camera that I am showing is a Dahua but it will give you a general IDEA where the ROI is or could be in your cameras WebUI.. Click on the Setup, then it will start in camera, then click on Video, then in the top could be a Tab that says ROI not all cameras will have it and as I said some will have more then 1 that you can add into your scene.
Screenshot (4453).png
Screenshot (4453).png (85.4 KiB) Viewed 1722 times
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Also this camera that I am showing is a Pro Version. This camera has 4 different ROI and here is a picture with 3 smaller in different parts of the area of View. I have 4 areas that are very clear in picture them are the areas I have Enabled

added a second picture of the scene without it enabled below the first one
Screenshot (4454).png
Screenshot (4454).png (2.91 MiB) Viewed 1721 times
Screenshot (4455).png
Screenshot (4455).png (2.93 MiB) Viewed 1721 times
Be Safe
ITGuy1024

Post by ITGuy1024 »

Thanks. Doesn't seem to be an option on this camera (IP8M-TD2685E-AI).
The nearest thing I see in the options is for motion detection where you can select the areas to focus on.
5.gif
5.gif (192.87 KiB) Viewed 1717 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Can you post a picture of the Camera, video page like in my first picture?

edit: Also I would look into using the SMD feature or IVS of the camera rather then the normal motion unless you are looking to capture things that are not human related
Be Safe
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

ITGuy1024 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 1:55 pm I'm using an Amcrest 4k NVR to process the video feed. I'd hope it would be up to standard for video quality.
How about your display? Maybe an issue there?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well that could be one thing. I mean when my 4k NVR's start up after being Reset or from new. They start in a 1024 format and don't look to good until I change the format for the monitor it is and then it looks better.. However while I seen they said from their NVR, I didn't' take they were talking about the Video feed was bad but the image wasn't coming into good view caused by the scene.

So yeah I guess if it is still setup in 1024 maybe setting it up on a MIN 1080P monitor will make it look better and if you wanted to use a 4k TV for your NVR a good HDMI cord on a good port.

Sorry if I mis spoke about maybe the tree being in the way and trying to focus on that over the main part of the Area of View. I did have a brand new HDMI cable that was bad once before. While on mine the video looked good just the audio didn't work. Exchanged the cable and has worked since..
Be Safe
ITGuy1024

Post by ITGuy1024 »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 2:39 pm Can you post a picture of the Camera, video page like in my first picture?

edit: Also I would look into using the SMD feature or IVS of the camera rather then the normal motion unless you are looking to capture things that are not human related
It's on the first page
Pogo wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 3:58 pm
ITGuy1024 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 1:55 pm I'm using an Amcrest 4k NVR to process the video feed. I'd hope it would be up to standard for video quality.
How about your display? Maybe an issue there?
Looks bad on a 4k display too.
Revo2Maxx wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 6:42 pm Well that could be one thing. I mean when my 4k NVR's start up after being Reset or from new. They start in a 1024 format and don't look to good until I change the format for the monitor it is and then it looks better.. However while I seen they said from their NVR, I didn't' take they were talking about the Video feed was bad but the image wasn't coming into good view caused by the scene.

So yeah I guess if it is still setup in 1024 maybe setting it up on a MIN 1080P monitor will make it look better and if you wanted to use a 4k TV for your NVR a good HDMI cord on a good port.

Sorry if I mis spoke about maybe the tree being in the way and trying to focus on that over the main part of the Area of View. I did have a brand new HDMI cable that was bad once before. While on mine the video looked good just the audio didn't work. Exchanged the cable and has worked since..
Everything I see shows it's above 1024
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Your 3rd picture on the front page is missing the Tabs that is what I want to see if you would be willing to post the page with the Tabs like in my first picture there is info in your picture that is missing that I am sure the Amcrest camera has.
Be Safe