New AD410 Doorbell!

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
Phrede

Re: New AD410 Doorbell!

Post by Phrede »

Hi from the neub. I just found this thread when I discovered the same flashing light while working on configuration. I too block my cameras and some other IoT things from the internet. I run mine thru Blue Iris and use MQTT to trigger Home Assistant. Mine is calling home to drs.zencamcloud.com and dms3.amcrestview.com a lot. Some things I've discovered.
You can download the complete Amcrest API list which is helpful.
The Dahua HA integration works and gives access to many things (but no siren).
The Dahua app "Smart PSS" also works letting you set a static IP, set your own NTP and frequency (mine came going to some sight in Brazil??), user/admin name,etc. All the normal stuff. I got rid of the time watermark, but not the Amcrest one. I've blocked it with my own date, time from BI.

It does run on 12Vdc BTW, polarity doesn't matter.
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

Hi Phrede -

Both of those "calling home" servers are AWS-hosted and managed by Amcrest. No backdoor China connections that I've discovered.

Both the HASS Dahua custom integration and the core Amcrest integration support the AD410, including full event handling for automation triggers. The Amcrest2MQTT method is no longer necessary.

The Amcrest API manual does indeed cover a lot of what the firmware in the AD410 accepts, but this document will not cover everything. There is nothing in it that is SmartHome-specific that covers additional doorbell features. Most of these additional features were DIY discovered through examining events or changes in the firmware configuration via the SH app. Unfortunately, no one has yet discovered what the API is for the siren that I know of.

I provided an API command to remove the watermark. See: https://amcrest.com/forum/ip-cameras-f1 ... tml#p38751

Yeah, that hardcoded NTP server in Brazil is bizarre. So is NTP time sync every 5 minutes! I've changed that as well.
Jaketate1

Post by Jaketate1 »

My apologies if this is already posted but I noticed recently that when viewing the live feed of the doorbell thru Amcrest Smart Home app it says P2P_RELAY_HTTPS. What does this mean?
Attachments
IMG_8152.jpeg
IMG_8152.jpeg (66.48 KiB) Viewed 41935 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Wonder if ot might be a mesh thing or something from your router? I logged into mine from local wifi, then cell connection and even added it to my AVP app and none of them said that
Screenshot_20220910-234503_Amcrest Smart Home.jpg
Screenshot_20220910-234503_Amcrest Smart Home.jpg (39.08 KiB) Viewed 41930 times
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

After I posted that I didn't ask but what Device are you accessing SH App on? Wondering if it might be a iOS thing?
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Bsbal18

Post by Bsbal18 »

It also started doing that on mine after I updated the app.
Jaketate1

Post by Jaketate1 »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:57 pm After I posted that I didn't ask but what Device are you accessing SH App on? Wondering if it might be a iOS thing?
It could be an iOS thing. I updated the app on 9/7 but only noticed it yesterday.
djsteve

Post by djsteve »

iOS, same issue.
Cr4z33

Post by Cr4z33 »

So after having my doorbell sitting on my lab desk for over 1 year I go straight to my question here. :D

Is there finally a Home Assistant solution that allows us to answer to the AD410 **straight** from the Lovelace UI?
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

There is a new Home Assistant add-on/docker image "go2rtc" that supports near zero-latency streaming + 2-way audio for devices that support ONVIF (profile T). This has been tested with the AD410 (by others) - and it works!

I'm not aware of any lovelace cards that have built in 2-way audio support. I do see in the documentation this note:

PS. Default Home Assistant lovelace cards don't support 2-way audio. You can use 2-way audio from Add-on Web UI. But you need use HTTPS to access the microphone. This is a browser restriction and cannot be avoided.

You should follow this HASS forum for further advice - https://community.home-assistant.io/t/g ... /454451/41
Last edited by GaryOkie on Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.