New AD410 Doorbell!

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
halospider

Re: New AD410 Doorbell!

Post by halospider »

I've found that if you block it from the internet, the LED ring will blink green constantly. The RTSP stream still works however.

The endpoints (I've found so far) that the doorbell attempts to connect to are:
drs.zencamcloud.com:10000
p2pasplus.zencamcloud.com:12367
p2p.amcrestview.com:8800 (UDP)
dms.amcrestview.com:15301

Allowing dms.amcrestview.com:1530:
- will stop the LED from blinking green
- App will show your device but no video will be displayed
- Most functions & settings work
- Human Detection works

My goal is to integrate this into Home Assistant via the amcrest2mqtt project and have a fully offline Doorbell camera. Has anyone figured out a way to prevent the blinking LED?
michaellm

Post by michaellm »

I still am stuck with "Device Not Supported" when I try to add my AD410 to Amcrest View Pro on iPhone. Amcrest View Pro works fine with the AD410 on Android.

On May 12, Amcrest support wrote, "So I got confirmation that the team will be updating the iPhone version of the app however no ETA has been given as of yet. Due to how critical this issue is we may see an update for the app within the next few days. If not I will update you as soon as I hear anything in terms of an ETA. I apologize for the inconvenience."

I have not received an update. The latest I see in the App Store is 4.0.7 from 2 months ago.

I also plan to block internet connectivity.
planetix

Post by planetix »

halospider wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:22 pm I've found that if you block it from the internet, the LED ring will blink green constantly. The RTSP stream still works however.

The endpoints (I've found so far) that the doorbell attempts to connect to are:
drs.zencamcloud.com:10000
p2pasplus.zencamcloud.com:12367
p2p.amcrestview.com:8800 (UDP)
dms.amcrestview.com:15301

Allowing dms.amcrestview.com:1530:
- will stop the LED from blinking green
- App will show your device but no video will be displayed
- Most functions & settings work
- Human Detection works

My goal is to integrate this into Home Assistant via the amcrest2mqtt project and have a fully offline Doorbell camera. Has anyone figured out a way to prevent the blinking LED?
Only thing I've been able to do so far is disable the led completely via the API

Code: Select all

http://<ip:address>/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&LightGlobal[0].Enable=false
First time you connect you'll get a user/pass prompt; it's admin/devicepassyouset. Same one you'd use to connect to Onvif/RTSP.

That just turns it off. How to keep the blue ring light around the button on but without blinking due to no connectivity I haven't figured out yet and may not be possible at all. I have mine on my "camera" vlan which blocks WAN access - blocks everything but connectivity to my Blue Iris NVR. I don't let any cameras - or most IoT for that matter - have access to the internet, or the rest of my LAN for that matter.

It's integrated to Home Assistant via the BI integration and between the two I get notifications, solid human detection via DeepStack, and text alerts with pictures when a person is detected. I actually find it works better, and faster, than the app itself and I don't need to have the thing on the internet either. No two-way audio but I never cared about that.

The blinking LED problem is annoying though. I'd like to at least have the light on (solid) at night to make the button easier to see.
planetix

Post by planetix »

Ugh. Looks like when this thing is blocked from the internet it also disables the doorbell activation - completely. No events are fired, the external chime doesn't sound, and it doesn't even trigger the mechanical (or digital) chimes in the house. If it is in a disconnected state it will still stream RTSP video but that's it, looks like.

That's a dealbreaker if it can't be worked around.
scuzy

Post by scuzy »

Any one have issues with the home app taking a bit of time to get a live view? It goes form 50%-100% takes a few seconds.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Mine connects fast. Went from 50 to 64 and then live rather fast.. Where i have my AD410 installed I have it going through 3 Switches and 3 routers. I do have it connected on the 2.4 even though the router does offer 5g I don't use it on that router seeing other things only connect at 2.4..

Maybe reboot your camera and router and see if that cures anything
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
cliver

Post by cliver »

Hi Folks, anyone from the UK managed to get hold of one of these from anywhere?
purebordem

Post by purebordem »

planetix wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:00 am
Only thing I've been able to do so far is disable the led completely via the API

http://<ip:address>/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&LightGlobal[0].Enable=false
First time you connect you'll get a user/pass prompt; it's admin/devicepassyouset. Same one you'd use to connect to Onvif/RTSP.

That just turns it off. How to keep the blue ring light around the button on but without blinking due to no connectivity I haven't figured out yet and may not be possible at all. I have mine on my "camera" vlan which blocks WAN access - blocks everything but connectivity to my Blue Iris NVR. I don't let any cameras - or most IoT for that matter - have access to the internet, or the rest of my LAN for that matter.

It's integrated to Home Assistant via the BI integration and between the two I get notifications, solid human detection via DeepStack, and text alerts with pictures when a person is detected. I actually find it works better, and faster, than the app itself and I don't need to have the thing on the internet either. No two-way audio but I never cared about that.

The blinking LED problem is annoying though. I'd like to at least have the light on (solid) at night to make the button easier to see.
Joined just to post here. You can in-fact get the LED to be solid with the following...

ip_addr/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&VSP_PaaS.Online=true
After running

ip_addr/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=getConfig&name=All
I dug through looking for ".com" anywhere based on the previous post and found that. I also disabled it so it wouldn't check in the future using

ip_addr/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&VSP_PaaS.Enable=false
. I also disabled the p2p.amcrestview.com using

ip_addr/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&T2UServer.Enable=false
but I am do not know if that made a difference or not.

Either way, the LED is now solid, if I push it, it does the loading style dark blue ring, and then eventually goes back to solid.
purebordem

Post by purebordem »

Oh I think I also did this as well

ip_addr/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&VSP_PaaS.CustomEnable=false
halospider

Post by halospider »

Can confirm @purebordem's steps above (which I believe are derived from this thread) do disable the constant internet connections to the "cloud".

ip_addr/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&VSP_PaaS.Online=true
does seem to disable the blink led ring, but it only lasts for a few days. Setting a curl command up as a cron job should fix that though.

However, since my original post, I have lost all events with the exception of:

{'Code': 'VideoMotionInfo', 'action': 'State', 'index': '0'}
No human or motion events fire now. I suspect this is due to the Doorbell being offline (no internet access) for an extended period of time.

Has anyone found a fix/workaround for this (short of implementing something like Frigate NVR)?