AD110 Pressing button don't Call Phone

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

AD110 Pressing button don't Call Phone

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So today I have had 4 people try and contact me via my Doorbell camera, First time I was asleep and lucky for me my son answered the door. Then there was a Delivery person and oddly it shows in my NVR that they pushed the doorbell button however no Calling my phone, Then had a Home Visit for my Wife from her Doctor and lastly had Tow Truck driver also press the doorbell camera each of the last 3 I seen the person before making it to the doorbell, Using another camera that can see the doorbell camera I watched as they Pressed the button on the doorbell and No call to me from the doorbell..

Since the last Update and yes I did update to the last one before it was removed so the question goes out really to them has the doorbell function stopped working on calling the Cell phone it is paired too? My camera with 702 FW still functions without an issue today..

Another thing and maybe it is just since the update but today seems like I have been getting every Alert from wind, clouds, cars passing by.. I even tried turning off 2 of the 3 pie shape have the thing at almost 0 and it has over 99 alerts just for today.. Glad it is past the 830pm setting to turn off notices because it has been driving me crazy...
Be Safe.
tomkiv897

Re: AD110 Pressing button don't Call Phone

Post by tomkiv897 »

Did you resolve this? I have the same issue with not calling. I did see your response about the firmware reset. I have not tried to that yet.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yes well I had an issue where my Doorbell didn't like the first Reset I did so I did another one and I have since done yet another Reset to factory not because of the button not working but an unrelated issue...

The doorbell does ring my phone when pushed now and has since the second time I did a Factory Reset at the Button...
Be Safe.
wallace4793

Post by wallace4793 »

Hi,

I think I’m seeing this problem, when I press the button I get a notification someone is at the door but I need to press the notification alert to accept. Should the doorbell actually ring the phone? Or is there a setting I need to change? (Call notification is on so I guess not) It’s a pain having to reset for me as I’ve ran the cable under the paving next to my door so I need to make slack to remove the doorbell.

John
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sadly John, I went a few months with it not acting right. Someone could come right up to the door and press the button and I would get a Very fast Ring not even a complete one and then it would go off.. I did Reset it a few times each time keeping it on my NVR and every time it was the same issue.. After a few months I thought OK only thing different the normal is I have it on my 4K NVR.. Removed it from the NVR did a Reset and this time the system came back to life and I get alerts and Button presses as expected... Since it is working now I have not setup to my NVR and it has been a couple of months now since Reset the last time and still working as expected...

Sadly a Reset might be what is needed for it to work. If you have already tried doing a Reboot next step would be Reset..
Be Safe.
wallace4793

Post by wallace4793 »

Seems strange, you would think the app would handle the ring after the notification comes through but clearly not if a hardware reset is required.

I also have a NVR with the rtsp stream loaded, it was the reason I chose the Amcrest vs a ring. It would be a shame if I cant have it on the NVR.

I have also noticed another bug (?) a couple of times I have seen the rtsp stream not working propoerly with low bitrate and colours - looked very blocky. The first time it was affecting the app feed also the second time only the RTSP feed, it wouldnt connected to the NVR and VLC played the stream but as I said the image was very bad. A reset fixed it - has anyone else reported this?

John
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sadly I have same issue and only after connecting outside smart home app before 922 fw a reset would cure it however since 922 fw been not very good for me even connected to Amcrest nvr I have not tried it yet on my new NVR will try tonight.
Its kind of risky having the doorbell connected to anything outside Smart home app. Changing anything out side normal setting can brick it.
Be Safe.
Fleegle

Post by Fleegle »

I have the AD110 connected to my Synology NAS and I noticed that my wifes phone, it works fine but she is not useing the 0922 release. I am using the 0922 release and I only get the one ring on my cell phone. So I dont know for sure that its the NVR as much as its the software release on the phone or AD110 itself. May try an total reset and see what happens and also disconnect it from my NAS.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

The 922 is the FW in the Doorbell it self. The App Version is going to be different Between iOS and Droid.. I found a few things while connecting even to the Amcrest ASP it would be stable some times and then not others so again it isn't happy.. IT has been only since the 922 FW update that I personally not been able to work much with any of my Recorders or ASP.. For some people they have not had any issues and others have reported same issues that I am having only when trying to connect to a DVR or NVR..

So main issue is that it is Random and with that it is hard for Amcrest to find the problem and make a solution. Also the issue isn't always able to repeat itself right after a Reset and other times it can..
Be Safe.
wallace4793

Post by wallace4793 »

Well ive reset my doorbell (twice) and removed the feed from my NVR and the bell STILL doesnt ring my phone. I must say that im more than annoyed at buying something that literally doesnt work. I still get a notification and sound alert motion is detected and the same when I press the bell. The only way I can get to open the call with the bell is by clicking on the alert on my phone screen.

Is Amcrest working on a solution do we know? Is there any point in raising a ticket?