AD110 Pressing button don't Call Phone

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: AD110 Pressing button don't Call Phone

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I would say try a Ticket.. My issue has been cured with a Reset, I also did some reading before and found some interesting things After doing the reset so I had to do another one...

So I did also add it back to my NEW 4216E-AI NVR and I am happy with the quality of the connection at this time. I say at this time because for the longest time I had it connected to my 2116-HS without many issues until after the 922 update..

So I did find a few things out and might have been the issue last few times on the 2116-HS and that is related to Encoding settings... Oddly at first when it connected to this NVR it said it was in CIF setup and almost removed it before making a change so it was in 1080P running at 15fps seeing the camera specs say it will run at 20 I like to take it back a little. Most of my IP cameras are running 22 fps and a few at 18..
Be Safe.
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

For what it's worth, my AD110 with 922 firmware is RTSP streaming to both HA and an NVR and I get both motion and doorbell press notification sounds on my Android phone, as does my wife on her iPhone. I configured Android to play a "Ding Dong" tone for the doorbell press, which sounds just once. I also have Tasker configured on my phone to automatically launch the SmartHome app upon receiving a notification. It could also play a longer MP3 if needed or take other actions.

BTW- I've only ever factory reset my AD110 once, back on the first day I had it close to a year ago, and never since.
wallace4793

Post by wallace4793 »

Hi Gary,

Thanks for replying - I do get the notification sound alert for both motion and bell press but the phone does not move to accept / reject screen without pressing on the notification on the home page - I assume the phone should go into call mode when the bell is pressed?

John
wallace4793

Post by wallace4793 »

Hi Gary and James,

So I watched the video :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RDgBMfIhgo (time 7:40)

and it seems my Doorbell is working as it should? I should not hear a ringing tone when the doorbell is pressed only the notifcation that is working for me (after I press I get the call screen).

To be honest im confused as in the earlier answers there is refernce to "one quick ring" or "one fast ring" which made me think I needed to hear a dialtone of some description?

To be clear when the doorbell is pressed I hear notification sound on my iphone... i click that notification and the app opens on the call page to accept the call.

John
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

OK then yes that is or does sound like it is working as expected.. What my issue was at first was on the doorbell on my Front door when someone pressed the doorbell button it didn't ring my phone (Play tone) it would get Vibration and a very fast ding or something however it wouldn't or act like it had for all the time since before 922.. After a Reset it was same thing it wasn't until after removing from my 2116-hs that it started to work again after a Reset...
Be Safe.
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

Oh, that's what you meant by "Call Phone". No, it does not automatically launch the app and go immediately into P2P 2-way talk mode. And of course, it can't actually "call" your phone as if it had a cell phone SIM.

I believe an auto-talk mode on button press is a requested feature often mentioned in this forum. I don't recall if the app used to do this in earlier firmware and was lost in later updates since I have been auto-launching the app via Tasker for a long time.

To clarify - the doorbell merely sends a push notification to the phone when both the "Call Notification" and "Push Notification" switches are on. "Call Notification" is an API config setting saved in the doorbell which oddly turns off several other features that it probably shouldn't, and disables them for ALL users of the doorbell. The "Push Notification" switch is new in 922 and is a setting that can disable notifications for each SH app user. It is a setting that is saved locally in the phone, not via the API.

These notifications have an associated phone alert sound that can be configured in the OS. If you use Android, look into Tasker to automate pretty much anything. For iOS, there is nothing close the last I looked unless the phone is jailbroken.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok sorry now I know why and what everyone is talking about and why it does call me different then others.. I am not sure if it ever did call me right... However here is what I know...

I Monitor one of my Smart Home Devices on a Device that sits on my Desk.. When someone presses the Doorbell button it calls me and it comes up has me Mute, Answer or Hang up... That is what it has done because that is how it has been on my Desk since I started.. Well for a little while my first Phone I had been used Died because I just kept it plugged in and the battery Blew up after 9 month or so of keeping the system on 24/7 Normally I would shut it down at night and unplug it however after a few months I just left it plugged in full time.. Well after it blew up the battery I started using another device and it was shortly after the 922 and a combo of things made my Camera not work right so I just lived with it and did some other things with other cameras... So also removed it form my NVR, Setup on an old phone that I upgraded 4 years or so ago.. and again started only using the phone to monitor the SH camera so at this when someone would press the doorbell it will pop up and ask me to answer it... It wasn't until after Gary said that it hasn't popped up that I was like HUH yeah then I thought wait,, So I turned off the Monitor Phone and did a Test with one of my other Doorbell cameras that I have brought up to my Office for testing... Sure enough it don't pop up I have to Finger Print and then choose the Someone is calling on the Drop down to get to the call.. That is a PITA.. The Finger print was one of the updates after or just before 922 and has been part of the issue after my Last Reset after Removing from all Recorders..

So one of the Reasons why it wasn't working besides the Encoding issue was because I wasn't monitoring SH as I would normally After Monitor of SH products the system POPS up the call like it always had before...
Be Safe.
wallace4793

Post by wallace4793 »

Msytery Solved... Im just glad my bell is working.. It would be nice to have an auto call option, while I know it isnt a cell phone process as Gary mentions apps like Whatsapp call you via data so its certainly possible. Im not sure how the other doorbells work - the biggest in the uk is "Ring" but the api is closed so now RTSP which is a killer for me.

Thanks for your help Guys.

John
RowanR

Post by RowanR »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:57 pm Ok sorry now I know why and what everyone is talking about and why it does call me different then others.. I am not sure if it ever did call me right... However here is what I know...

I Monitor one of my Smart Home Devices on a Device that sits on my Desk.. When someone presses the Doorbell button it calls me and it comes up has me Mute, Answer or Hang up... That is what it has done because that is how it has been on my Desk since I started.. Well for a little while my first Phone I had been used Died because I just kept it plugged in and the battery Blew up after 9 month or so of keeping the system on 24/7 Normally I would shut it down at night and unplug it however after a few months I just left it plugged in full time.. Well after it blew up the battery I started using another device and it was shortly after the 922 and a combo of things made my Camera not work right so I just lived with it and did some other things with other cameras... So also removed it form my NVR, Setup on an old phone that I upgraded 4 years or so ago.. and again started only using the phone to monitor the SH camera so at this when someone would press the doorbell it will pop up and ask me to answer it... It wasn't until after Gary said that it hasn't popped up that I was like HUH yeah then I thought wait,, So I turned off the Monitor Phone and did a Test with one of my other Doorbell cameras that I have brought up to my Office for testing... Sure enough it don't pop up I have to Finger Print and then choose the Someone is calling on the Drop down to get to the call.. That is a PITA.. The Finger print was one of the updates after or just before 922 and has been part of the issue after my Last Reset after Removing from all Recorders..

So one of the Reasons why it wasn't working besides the Encoding issue was because I wasn't monitoring SH as I would normally After Monitor of SH products the system POPS up the call like it always had before...
Sorry to bring up an old post. I am having the same issue. SH on an Android Pixel. I do not consitently get the pop up call on my phone. This post is the closest troubleshooting. I am having a hard time following your wording. Are you saying enabling the fingerprint option changes how SH notifies calls? Note I have an AD410 which has an RTSP feed to an NVR (frigate) but call answer is via the app.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

There are many things that can be an issue when it comes to Smart Home devices... There have been some people with Pixel phones that say they have an issue. While I wasn't having an issue it seems I too now have an issue where the phone won't pickup a Pushed button call all the times if my phone is in lock state. What the real issue is I am not sure. I guess I could remove it from all devices and software besides the Smart Home app and see if it starts to work as expected. My button isn't very active and I don't wish having a active button when it acts this way..

About Fingerprint I think most was because I went to using fingerprint setup from having it in full time monitor setup when I had the doorbell on a Tablet full time. Now damaged battery so removed and only on normal Samsung 21Ultra for notices now. Have it connected to a couple of NVRs, Orion, ASP and Blue Iris. IT could be any issue for me or the app it self. Sometimes I can answer it and others I have to fight to get the app to come up in the answer window...
Sorry not very helpful in my post here. got a lot in RL going on that is making it hard to focus. Waiting for my brother to get out of the ICU from heart surgery where he spent the better of 8 hours today.
Be Safe.