A How To On How To Display Your IP Cameras In Web Sites

pierreforget

Re: A How To On How To Display Your IP Cameras In Web Sites

Postby pierreforget » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:11 am

And yes I was seeing your URL:

$ipcam_url = "http://extcam-22.se.axis.com/jpg/1/image.jpg";

before opening the input port on the server side.

pierreforget

Postby pierreforget » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:50 am

Hi Don,

Just needed

chmod 666 ipcam1.jpg

to be able to have the image saved to disk.

TheUberOverLord
Site Admin

Postby TheUberOverLord » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:36 am

I can assure you that it's "Outbound" ports from the servers perspective. Not "Inbound" ports. The request to grab a image from the IP Camera, from the server. Is a "Outbound" request from the server. Not a "Inbound" request from the server.

Additionally, No need to do anything with IPTABLES is required with a normal install of Linux. So, your issue was being caused by a file security problem. Which by following the instructions in the ___ReadThisFirst.txt file would have resolved your issue alone. Without doing anything else.

Yes, changing the security to write/read for ipcam1.jpg was going to be my next suggestion.

I had just assumed that you followed the instructions in the ___ReadThisFirst.txt file. Which stated that must be done.

Don

pierreforget

Postby pierreforget » Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:32 am

TheUberOverLord wrote:Thanks.

I can assure you that it's "Outbound" ports from the servers perspective and not "Inbound" ports.

Additionally, IPTABLES was/is also not in play with your issue for normal Linux distribution installs. So this issue was caused by a file security write/read issue alone. Had you read the ___ReadThisFirst.txt file carefully. You would have seen the instruction to secure ipcam1.jpg for write/read file access which would have resolved your problem. By itself.

For Amcrest IP Cameras the URL should not be:

Code: Select all

$ipcam_url = "http://www.ste-agathe.com/cam-1.jpg";

But should be this:

Code: Select all

$ipcam_url = "http://User:[email protected]:PortForCamera/cgi-bin/snapshot.cgi";

Don

Hi Don,

I made a test and removed the iptables rules and it stopped working. Put the rules back on and it started working again. Looks like my firewall is stricter than usual. Slackware.

Thanks again.

Pierre Forget

jordancaver123

Postby jordancaver123 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:49 am

Video advertising of the camera can be a good way to produce website traffic. Video advertising is basically free and can be a very powerful tactic in getting targeted traffic back to your website, as well as in another face of the marketing process like building relations and branding yourself. Many people are demoralized by video advertising because they are not sure exactly how to do it. It is really simple and when done correctly, this technique can produce website traffic in large quantity.
Thanks and Regards,
Jordan Caver
Web Development Toronto
Web Development Company

mayagreen

Postby mayagreen » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:35 am

if you create an account on instagram and have a desire to boost it up, for example, you may use https://zen-promo.com/free_instagram_followers for winding up the amount of followers as I did with my blog. I couldn't get the needed amount of followers for a long time as I didn't have extra money for buying the bloggers' ads, so this service really helped me

Return to “General Discussion”