The following is what i'm trying to achieve.
I live in two places.
I wish the camera to scan a lot next to my house, about 180 arc, and straight down.
I wish to record this activity always.
so .... i have
* 1 single POE Omnif camera with PTZ support
* 1 Amcrest NVR. 4 port, with disc drive
* I have it hooked up and working ... ?
* I can access the camera through the NVR using 3rd party software and/or using Amcrest Surveillance Pro
Surveillance Pro Issues?
* it appears my only way of getting the scan to work given a PTZ OMNIF camear is to use the "tour" capability
What i'm seeing.
* I create 6 or 7 preset/steps
* I create a tour and i string them together. very simple. 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8
* it simply doesn't work consistantly. At some point it appears to wander through 3,4,5
* it stops,
* when i invoke the tour from the software, is the command sent to the NVR and is the tour set inside the NVR?
* if it is tied to my pc running and the software running, then what is the use of the NVR?
* is there any way to set this up, to run continually through the NVR, and to access it remotely and restart it when needed?
* what is the relationship between Amcrest software running on a phone, pc, inside the NVR. Is the logic inside the NVR? or inside the software. I would have assumed in the NVR, since the software must contact the NVR (not just the camera...)
this seems to be a simply issue compared to all that i'm reading in this forum, and yet?
any suggestions? I understand that there is other software, Blue Iris, etc. If it requires that a PC stay up and running, that is not my preference. But if that is the "only" way to get this fairly simple scenario to work, i'll consider it. But what software will work, because the amcrest software doesn't seem to do the trick.
Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest Surveillance Pro? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests