GMail setup - test email fails

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
geronimo

Re: GMail setup - test email fails

Post by geronimo »

tvlarry wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:45 pm If you call technical on this they direct you to try Yahoo, which also does not work with Amcrest anymore.
I'm getting about 40 emails per day from my cameras using Yahoo. When did it quit working?
tvlarry

Post by tvlarry »

All I have to say is Amcrest does not work with any email server, and I have several other brands that do. So if Amcrest tech advisers and on line forum administrators are going to lash out at customers that have continuing issues and these issues are not being handled in a timely manner, that is just not right and shows all the people that we can not have a voice or concerns with all the hardware we have purchased. I myself have spend over 2k in one system that I relied on the advertising and written directions in the owners guides that I downloaded prior to purchase to find out that some of these features will no longer work or never worked. And to answer the issue about annoying email notifications from James, I would agree somewhat,when it rains I turn off notifications in the app settings takes about 10 seconds. Also setting a very small area to monitor and setting the sensitivity down stops most of the false triggers. I have been setting these systems up ever since their inception, and the area motion settings are getting better, how ever, we need to switch to Passive IR Sensors and move away from IR Motion Sensor or Video Frame Motion Detection.
tvlarry

Post by tvlarry »

geronimo wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:06 pm
tvlarry wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:45 pm If you call technical on this they direct you to try Yahoo, which also does not work with Amcrest anymore.
I'm getting about 40 emails per day from my cameras using Yahoo. When did it quit working?
The New IP POE camera systems do not work on email servers, the older systems work still
geronimo

Post by geronimo »

tvlarry wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:14 pm
geronimo wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:06 pm
The New IP POE camera systems do not work on email servers, the older systems work still
I'm not real technical on these cameras, so I'm not arguing with you. What's considered "older systems"? All of my cameras were bought new in the last 4 months and they are all IP POE cameras and they all send email notifications via Yahoo daily.
plusfour

Post by plusfour »

tvlarry wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:45 pm There is NO FIX for the Gmail Server issue. I have spent countless hours researching this. Issue is Amcrest needs to comply with Gmails new standards of Certificates.
It has nothing to do with certificates, Amcrest have a buggy TLS implementation, see the countless other threads on this topic, one of which has Wireshark packet traces and an analysis of the problem. You're right that there's no fix, any correctly-functioning TLS server will reject the TLS handshake from Amcrest devices, so you have to find ones that don't function correctly, like Microsoft's ones. It still works with outlook.com, which is what I'm using.
mikelagase

Post by mikelagase »

You could also install a freeware SMTP server on your computer such as https://www.hmailserver.com/ and then have everything send through that to your provider. It's not what I use though.

I currently have a Windows server setup that runs 24x7 with IIS SMTP service installed and forward all of my emails through that without any issues.