Amcrest View Pro

Discussion for all types of camera
tfran1990

Amcrest View Pro

Postby tfran1990 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:51 pm

I can view my cameras with the app if im outside of my network(wan). If i am on the wifi at home inside my LAN i get connection failed.

i have the port forward setup on my router.
i have UPnP disabled inside each of the camera interface. it says my router status is mapping failed each protocal HTTP,TCP,UDP,RSTP,HTTPS says mapping failed. the checkbox infront of each protocal is checked and my mode is selected as manual. i think this is where the problem may be because the internal port and external port are different but, if its not enabled how could it have any effect?

when i set up my amcrest view app i used my DNS with the port for each ip camera(each camera has its own port)

The weird thing is, if im inside(LAN) on my wired computer i can view them just fine.

has anyone ever run into this issue?
Last edited by tfran1990 on Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Melvin
Site Admin

Re: Amcrest View Pro

Postby Melvin » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:33 pm

Hi tfran1990,

If you added your cameras using public IP address or ddns you will be able to view from WAN fine, But you may not see the cams on same network try adding the cams on device manager using local IP address and the TCP port number when you on the local network you can switch viewing with local IP.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

tfran1990

Re: Amcrest View Pro

Postby tfran1990 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:03 pm

Ok so your telling me if i have 3 cameras i need 3 setup in the app using my DNS with each port to see them from WAN.

Then i need to setup the same 3 cameras with the corresponding port for each but with the local ip (LAN) to see them when im inside my network?

so inside my amcrest view app i will have 6 total configured connections/cameras?

if so this doesn't seem efficient.
i can ping my DNS from inside my network why wouldn't the app go out the the network get the public ip from my DNS then come back in to the camera VIA PF?

Return to “Technical Discussion”