Email alerts no longer sending

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
confused

Re: Email alerts no longer sending

Postby confused » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:58 am

I suspect what is happening here is Gmail is tired of all this security camera traffic. I have five IP2M-841B cameras mounted outside, and on windy days, or foggy conditions, they will send a ton of false motion alerts with snap shots. Either they've put some kind of limits on the amount of traffic of this type, or they want to shake us off entirely. My cameras will send emails just fine for a while, and then they'll all stop for a while...then it will start sending again.

Does anyone know of any free cloud services? No way I'm paying what Amcrest wants for five cameras. I wish they would at least add the feature to the Amcrest Pro software to send snapshots to the SD cards or hard drive. It's much easier to keep track of what's happening around the house with snapshots, than to have to watch all the videos. I can always match up the time date stamp from the snapshots to the videos if I need to see more of what happened.

amcr_hf

Postby amcr_hf » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:05 pm

Replying to subscribe, too.

MikeVee

Postby MikeVee » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:01 pm

Man, I thought something went crazy for me. The last time I got any email notification was June 5th or so. I hope it will get fixed soon. it's extremely difficult to pull data quickly when this happens because I have to go into Blue Iris to check it instead.

Return to “General Security Chat”