IP3M-954e settings change by themselves

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
GaryPSU

IP3M-954e settings change by themselves

Post by GaryPSU »

My camera bit rate and frame rate settings change by themselves. Both main and sub streams revert back to 10 frames per second and a low bit rate every once in a while. I was aware that using Amcrest cloud can change settings, but I do not use the cloud at all. I updated to the April, 2017 firmware and had worse issues. I was unable to set up my DDNS, I couldn't export my configuration settings, and other various problems. I went back to the September 2016 firmware, and the settings problem still exists. Any ideas?
Jordan77

Re: IP3M-954e settings change by themselves

Post by Jordan77 »

I think I saw a report that the cameras are connecting to the cloud even if you don't use it. May be causing the issues.

See if you disconnect them from the internet (you can still have them on your local network) of the problem continues.
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello all,

After firmware update hard resetting the camera is necessary. This can resolve most of the issues.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

GaryPSU

Post by GaryPSU »

I've been cutting the power to the camera each night for a while. Maybe that causes the frame rate and bit rate to change. I'll stop doing that, and see if that fixes the problem.