[IP3M-954E 3MP POE] Latest Firmware Removes Nearly All Camera Configuration

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
slappy

[IP3M-954E 3MP POE] Latest Firmware Removes Nearly All Camera Configuration

Post by slappy »

Last month, I upgraded from firmware version 2.400.0000.15.R to version 2.400.0002.15.R and it removed most of the camera configuration settings, including the IR functions. Everything was gone except the most basic color/contrast settings.

Fortunately, I still have a copy of 2.400.0000.15.R and I was able to revert back. Problem is, the old firmware randomly adjusts the camera contrast, so it records hours of false motion every day. Support told me to shine a light into it for two minutes, to reset the sensor. That didn't fix it.

It seems my only choice is between two packages of broken firmware.

Anyone else have the same problem? Does anyone's IP3M-954E work properly?
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: [IP3M-954E 3MP POE] Latest Firmware Removes Nearly All Camera Configuration

Post by Melvin »

Hello slappy,

Once firmware is updated a hard reset of the camera is recommended. For this model, you will have to open it and join two brass ports on the board with a wire for 15-20 seconds.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

GaryPSU

Post by GaryPSU »

I finally got the April, 2017 firmware to update. The setup has changed, and most things seem OK, but I can't get the motion detection events to get to my web site via FTP. The "test" fails. Any ideas? :(
GaryPSU

Post by GaryPSU »

Melvin wrote:Hello slappy,

Once firmware is updated a hard reset of the camera is recommended. For this model, you will have to open it and join two brass ports on the board with a wire for 15-20 seconds.
That's ridiculous. Isn't there another way to reset via software, etc?
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hi GaryPSU,

Yes, we can reset the camera from the interface it self. But we have to hard reset the camera and that will reset it to factory settings.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

GaryPSU

Post by GaryPSU »

Melvin wrote:Hi GaryPSU,

Yes, we can reset the camera from the interface it self. But we have to hard reset the camera and that will reset it to factory settings.
That didn't do it. In addition, my DDNS keeps reverting to Amcrest DDNS, not my paid no-ip. Can I go back to a previous firmware? Also, what browser do you recommend for setup. I can only see the camera's view using setup on a Chromebook. Windows 10 doesn't load the add-on for any of its various browsers - Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Edge. I'm sorry I updated the firmware. I was hoping for MP4 video instead of DAV, but that didn't happen either.
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello GaryPSU,

Sorry to hear that you are still having issues. For the DDNS, make sure the Amcrest DDNs is disabled and only the No ip is enabled. You can disable the amcrestddns and save the changes then select no op form the drop down and save it.

It should work in IE as well as Firefox. For Firefox, you will have to try the workaround posted in another post. Please try removing and re installing the browser plugin and clearing cache.

https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... 0P-HD-CVI-

GaryPSU

Post by GaryPSU »

I installed the old firmware from September 2016, and things are working again. The firmware update is apparently flawed.
smokeybandit

Post by smokeybandit »

I'm in the same boat. The April firmware seems to have broken FTP.
GaryPSU

Post by GaryPSU »

smokeybandit wrote:I'm in the same boat. The April firmware seems to have broken FTP.
An Amcrest tech told me that he would tell the engineering department about the problem, but I won't hold my breath for that. Please let me know if you find a fix for this issue.