Loud Fan

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
hdcvi

Re: Loud Fan

Post by hdcvi »

Just finished upgrading both fans. The CPU fan is not as loud as oem case fan, but still make some hum. Just used second Noctua fan to replace oem cpu fan . CPU fan is held by 3 small philips head screws (thanks for that). Just cut the fan off the outer shell and mount on square patch of strong 3M dual side adhesive mounting pad used to mount dash cams. Now it is inaudible and whisper quiet, ready for bedroom deployment. Even when ear is next to it - you can hear the air movement only, no humming noise from the fan.
Attachments
case fan
case fan
IMG_1836-x.jpg (100.3 KiB) Viewed 1409 times
case fan
case fan
IMG_1838-x.jpg (96.21 KiB) Viewed 1409 times
Eddie9000

Post by Eddie9000 »

I have a really dumb question.

How do you remove the stock fan from the board? I've tried pressing down on the two black springs, moving up, down, side-to-side, nothing.
Eddie9000

Post by Eddie9000 »

Or, looking at the photo above, I'm guessing the heat sink should NOT be removed, and I should only replace the fan itself (blades.) Can anyone please confirm?
Maddux

Post by Maddux »

Where are you all getting the fan model from? I've sent mines in for an RA to get a fan model and they keep sending me a non-fan model.
thegazelle

Post by thegazelle »

Thanks for the tips, hdcvi. I my Noctura fan came in the mail today I changed out my heatsink fan without issue.
UpUpandAway

Post by UpUpandAway »

Can I just disconnect the case fan? I know other brands don't have ANY fans in their systems and they don't run too hot. I can see the benefit of leaving the CPU fan running and I think just not using the big side fan would reduce the noise enough to be tolerable. I don't revel in the idea of spending extra time and money for a base product. I went with cheap for a reason.
scb2k

Post by scb2k »

I am having the same issue
scb2k

Post by scb2k »

hdcvi wrote:Just finished upgrading both fans. The CPU fan is not as loud as oem case fan, but still make some hum. Just used second Noctua fan to replace oem cpu fan . CPU fan is held by 3 small philips head screws (thanks for that). Just cut the fan off the outer shell and mount on square patch of strong 3M dual side adhesive mounting pad used to mount dash cams. Now it is inaudible and whisper quiet, ready for bedroom deployment. Even when ear is next to it - you can hear the air movement only, no humming noise from the fan.
can I please see the pictures?
heycraig

Post by heycraig »

Well my DVR gave up the ghost after just over 2 years of use. Never was truly satisfied with this DVR. Paid $120 for a Dahua HDCVI HCVR, and put the old hard drive in it. The Amcrest units are all based on Dahua engineering anyway, so decided to go to the source. The Dahua unit seems to be more feature-packed for about the same price. ONVIF, Face Detection, IVS are all included on this unit that cost me as much as a same-model replacement unit of my old Amcrest HDCVI DVR.
AllensPlace

Post by AllensPlace »

I ordered a CPU fan from Amcrest. Amcrest sent two case fans and one power supply when what I wanted was a CPU fan. I called them and they again said the right CPU fan was on the way but it never came. In gave up on there service and looked for it myself not finding it. The link here just went to what looks similar to the case fan.
Any since I ended up with two case fans and could not find the CPU heatsink fan for my 720p DVR so I installed one in the case chassis as there is an unused spot for it, and I Goop glued the case fan onto the the top of the heat sink after I ripped out the non working motor and fan off the heat sink. I can't believe how hard it is to get the right parts from Amcrest.
Here is a picture of my job: https://photos.app.goo.gl/4RGeaihbFjKXTtL23