720p issues

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
Why

720p issues

Post by Why »

Hello, I just bought the 720p system less than a month ago and have been trying to get it running. I'm having problems with the cameras. When I originally installed this I had a defective Bnc cable. I've replaced that and the system ran as it should for the first day or two. Well, now it has been nothing but problems. I'm at the point of uninstalling the whole system and sending it back and going with another system that has nothing to do with Amcrest. This is my last chance on working with this system.

The issues im having is at night the cameras either don't work leaving a black screen with the Amcrest logo, barely visible with a pulsating screen, or no night vision capability. If I unplug/plug the power on the Bnc cables then I get mixed results. Sometime it works, sometimes not, sometimes it barely get a picture. I figured cheap Bnc cables and have replaced them with varying results. I have two cameras with 60 feet of Bnc cable, and the other two with 100 and a 150 added extention. One camera on the 6o foot Bnc cable just lost the night vision capability last couple nights. Don't know why and the red ring is lit up on the camera. The other 100/150 Bnc cabled cameras are the ones I'm having issues with them sometimes working. I understand with longer wires/extentions there is a voltage loss and feel that this might be part of the issue but I have bought factory Amcrest extention cables thinking they were quality. So far, it seems that nothing has changes but my wallet a little lighter. There has only been one camera that has been 100% reliable.

Anybody have any ideas? Amcrest customer service is worthless as I tried them already. Am I just better off scrapping this system, sending it back and going with another manufacturer? I'm at the point that I'm tired of spending $$$ on a system that should have work from day one.
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: 720p issues

Post by Melvin »

Hello,

It is possible that the cables that are run at 150 + 1oo feet are not supplying enough power to the cameras. The 60ft ones should work fine though. You can get another adapter with splitters and use it with in 100 feet of those two cameras (only power cord) to see if that fixes the issue. The one camera that has lost night vision can be replaced. Please contact our RMA team for replacement or additional power adapter + splitters and I believe this will definitely help.

Email:[email protected]
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Why

Post by Why »

Thanks for the advice but I do believe I'm done with this system or anything Amcrest for that matter. Now I can't get into my admin account at all. No password works and im 100% positive it's the right password. Funny thing is that there is only 6 spaces for the password and mine is 8.

From what I've been reading I'm learning that Amcrest puts out a product that you have to constantly maintain...if it works in the first place. No offence to you or anybody that works for Amcrest but it's a low quality product from what I'm experiencing.

I'll call tech tomorrow and see what they can do. If nothing then im done. Thanks for all your help.
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello,

Sorry to hear about your experience. You can call support to get your password reset. The 720P DVR is definitely a very reliable system and its unfortunate that its not working very well for you.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Skins6983

Post by Skins6983 »

I too have been having this issue, but with the 1080 system. Daytime live feeds are decent quality then during the night all I get is black fuzziness. The first year I had it, day and night quality were good. For the last 3 or 4 months, daytime quality has diminished and night time is useless. As of now, I don't really have the time to mess with it. Soon I plan on digging deeper into the problem as tech support is usually not very helpful.
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello Skins6983,

One thing you could try is replacing the power adapter for the cameras. The reason for the issue might be that the cameras are not getting sufficient power.