Increase SD card storage time?

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
Dshow

Increase SD card storage time?

Post by Dshow »

Hi, new owner of a IP2M-841B and it does a great job! Great image quality, got it connected to the internet so we can see the video from work and it is hopefully only used to monitor our dogs when they move in the garage.... It has the default settings. I installed a 64 GB SD card and it will record about 2 days of activity. When it does collect video, it is full video at 30 frames per second. I would like to increase the storage duration on my SD card, like when there is activity, store only 1 frame a second. How do I change the setting for that? I saw a Time Lapse instruction, but will that record video and the time lapsed pictures?

Thanks!
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: Increase SD card storage time?

Post by Melvin »

Hello Dshow,

At 1080P resolution it can only record for two days. You can set it up to only record when motion is detected which will give a lot more days of storage than its doing right now. For this, you need to set up the schedule under setup > Storage > Schedule to record only with motion.

You can also lower the video quality and FPS to save more data. Also under record control you can record the sub stream instead of main stream and this will take only less space compared to mainstream but the video quality will be affected.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us