Some more bugs with September Firmware

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
cabinrob

Some more bugs with September Firmware

Post by cabinrob »

If anyone is listening, here are a few more issues that I have found with the latest F/W:

1. Even though the DAV format has been discontinued, when storing video to a NAS, the IP2M-841 creates a DAV directory. For consistency, this should be an MP4 directory - since that is now the only video format.

2. The Pre-Event record has been reduced to 5 seconds. This is not a good move. The previous maximum was 10 seconds, and in my opinion that was already too short! Since I get many false alarms with the motion detection, I'm forced to turn down the sensitivity - so there is only a trigger very late in an event. Since the trigger is so late, I/we really need a longer pre-event record.

3. When the ambient lighting gets low/brightens and the camera switches in/out the IR filter - this causes a motion alarm. This did not happen before. I now get a false alarm each morning and each evening.
Switching of the filter should not cause an alarm.

4. It's great that a feature was added to select between 1/3/5 snapshots. But, this only affects storage of the snaps. One should also be able to control the number of images that are sent as email attachments.

5. As has been requested before, there should be a separate anti-dither for emails and for local storage. It's ok to store lots of images to local storage, but it is a real pain when one gets hundreds of emails because it's a windy day.

This last F/W release took 8 months and seems to be causing people a lot of headaches. I hope that this recent round of bugs/issues is addressed in a more timely manner.

ps Oh yes, after having asked for about a year, there is still no spec available for the appropriate voltage levels for the Alarm-In connector at the back of the camera. It really can't be that hard to let us know the specs for this!
cabinrob

Re: Some more bugs with September Firmware

Post by cabinrob »

A couple more issues:
6. If FTP has been selected for storage, there is a box where one can enable storage to the SD card in the event the FTP server is unavailable. Why wouldn't the same option be available for NAS? A NAS can be just as unavailable as an FTP server!

7. I was sad to see that the latest FW did not address any of the usability issue surrounding presents. There really need to be labels attached to the preset points.
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: Some more bugs with September Firmware

Post by Melvin »

Hello cabinrob,

Thank you for the feedback. I will pass this on to the concerned department.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us