Deleting recorded video

Any major updates coming, Upcoming Software, General Security advice for others and topics alike Post them here so other users can chat with you.
tkmbe99

Deleting recorded video

Post by tkmbe99 »

Hi

There was an thread about deleting videos with no answer from amcrest.
Do you want to tell me that there is no possibility to delete selectively the files recorded or entire cam???

That's really bad...

I don't want to format my entire 4TB HD because I have a portion of video which I need to delete...
Don't tell me this is for security reasons...
I think this is really a must to have on a DVR...

Hope of a solution

Beat
ADA22

Re: Deleting recorded video

Post by ADA22 »

As a new user I would like to add my agreement on the need for having the option to delete individual video files. Ideally it would be a simple option right on the Playback screen -- perhaps a trashcan associated with the File List on the right (in the PC viewer) or with the date range in the Android App.

In the meantime, this other forum thread describes a method in the PC Desktop application for deleting older files. Although it's not perfect, it is much better than reformatting the entire SD drive for general cleanup: https://amcrest.com/forum/post230.html#p230

Click the Setup button in the top menu bar. Then select "System" option, and within that select "Auto Maintain". Then check the option to "Auto Delete Old Files". This will cause a new option to appear called "Customized" in which you can set the number days ago to delete (the default is 1). Then hit Save and Manual Reboot to execute the setting.

NOTE: All files that are the specified number of days old and older will be deleted.

Once the device has rebooted, you can reset the the option back by unchecking the Auto Delete box and saving.
Rickardo

Post by Rickardo »

Thank you for sharing the tip. I too am a new user. I earlier read a thread on formatting the storage but could not find a clear answer.Thanks.
[email protected]

Post by [email protected] »

Rickardo wrote:Thank you for sharing the tip. I too am a new user. I earlier read a thread on formatting the storage but could not find a clear answer.Thanks.
Just use a program called Blue Iris. It is free and will handle ALL your camera needs, except what the camera doesn't naively by itself.