NV4108E-A2 - Email test fail issue

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
woody1919

NV4108E-A2 - Email test fail issue

Post by woody1919 »

I have a new setup and not able to connect to email through the Network settings. "Test" fails every time. I tried our yahoo mail and Gmail accounts, and each with the SSL and TLS settings. I see in some of the postings there were issues back into 2020, but a FW issue fixed most, if not all, of this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have established the Static IP setting, and that "Test" is working. Seems I may not be getting past the router.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: NV4108E-A2 - Email test fail issue

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum..

Email is problematic, I would be willing to setup an email account on my server for some testing to see if there is an issue with your Machine. I know that my email server will let emails pass. IT will have to be setup on TLS settings..

However to be honest I would setup Push form your Amcrest App, It is faster and for me even with a car moving 25miles an hour I get notices before the car leaves the area of view.. That would be setup for Image or Live View if setup for Video the Video would have to finish recording before it could send the notice.. Images play out like a short video so that is what I use..

Only Down side is if you use ATT or T-Mobile that is 1 more thing to add to the issues. They don't play well most times..
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So i did setup a SMTP account for outgoing. This would be [email protected].. If you say that you want to check out and see if it is a NVR issue I will send you a DM with the password and info about how to setup the NVR. Then you will in the area of where to send the email to your normal email account.. So I use my [email protected] and send it to my [email protected] server seeing I have more storage on the .com server..
Be Safe.
check6

Post by check6 »

Yahoo mail works with an app password on my NV4108-HS. To generate one: log into your Yahoo account, hover over your avatar, click "Manage your account", click the "Security" tab, click "Generate and manage app passwords". However, I agree with @Revo2Maxx: I much prefer getting push notifications in Amcrest View Pro.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yes I seen they said they tried the yahoo email so I thought they tried the Generate part and maybe it no longer worked so that was why I thought I would offer trying a server that I know works.. While I don't think it is an issue with the NVR, I don't have the 4108E-A2, I know my email works on my 4108-A2 NVR along with all my others.. So thought maybe they might have had some issue in the firmware for the 4108E-A2 as I have seen weird things like working on one but not another.. So thought I would offer a way to test out..
Be Safe.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

Problematic is clearly an understatement when it comes to setting up email alerts. I gave up and just add the NVR camera of interest to Blue Iris and use Pushover for alert notifications. Ridiculous to need such a workaround, but works great.
Last edited by Pogo on Fri May 10, 2024 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

This is sent from one of my other AI cameras, I did a test because I did have it disabled on this camera because where I had it installed I was getting so many alerts that I didn't want push and emails. While this is a different brand my Amcrest devices are also setup if I enable them to send. I know they work, I wasn't sure this one still was after the last update. It still does..

I am glad I looked because I just noticed this camera is plagued with the DST issue. After the update in time I had to turn all off, Just a few days ago I had to turn them all back on. Didn't know this one needed it as well. Can't remember everything. I have to many cameras to keep up some times lol.. Fixed now that I seen this
Screenshot (1913).png
Screenshot (1913).png (44.19 KiB) Viewed 160 times
Be Safe.
woody1919

Post by woody1919 »

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. Yes, from what I found searching, Yahoo added the ability to allow external app access last fall. Apparently, from what I also noted is that Google will be eliminating that function this coming fall 2024. I used our Yahoo mail account following the instructions below, and it works fine.

Instructions to generate an app password in Yahoo Mail:
1. Sign in to your Yahoo Account Security page.
2. Click Generate app password or Generate and manage app passwords.
3. Click Get Started.
4. Enter your app's name in the text field.
5. Click Generate password.
6. Use the one-time password to log in to your 3rd party app. (this is the password you use in the NV4 Email setup)
7. Click Done.