NVR failed to export video with IVS events

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
micnn

NVR failed to export video with IVS events

Post by micnn »

I recently started to experiment with IVS. I have multiple Amcrest cameras with IVS capbilities. All cameras video are saved to the NVR's HD storage. I have been trying to export video (using the scissor tool) the video from the Amcrest Surveilance Pro app on Windows. If the video contains the IVS events within the recording period, the exporting progress bar will stop at the IVS event time for a few seconds, then report "failed to export!"

No problem here exporting video with regular events, just not "Intelligent" events.

NVR: NV4232-EI with 32 tb storage.
Camera: IP8M-T2883EW-AI, IP8M-VT2879EW-AI, IP4M-T1044EW-AI
Video encoding currently set to H264 general for all.

I am wondering... are there settings I am missing to remedy this? :? :?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: NVR failed to export video with IVS events

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum..

I don't have that model, I have an older first gen 4216E-AI NVR and what I notice with that or any of my other devices is that if I do a search for a type of event I can DL that event. If I am on Full time record and I don't record all my channels Full time, However the ones i do if I try to export an event with full time it fail to export.. So I changed things up. I moved most of my full time recording over to Sub Channel and my Main channel is only for Events, IVS or other like Alarms or Motion.. I thought I still had 1 channel that was AI with full time Main recording but just looked and I switched it back. I am thinking because this way I am able to just take full time events without failing when it hits an iVS.. I will switch it back and do some testing.. Only AI camera that gets enough events is an older 1046EW-AI camera. my 2685EW-AI camera is in a low traffic area..

One last thing, How do you have your HDD setup? You see I ask because I have mine setup with 1 hdd gets full time recording from Sub channel and the other gets the Images and IVS recordings. It might have something to do with how your HDD is setup, I never thought about until I was about to press submit..
Be Safe.
micnn

Re: NVR failed to export video with IVS events

Post by micnn »

Hello there, thanks for the welcome!

I may just try out your workaround, which is a clever idea and makes sense too. However, so there is indeed a problem with exporting video with IVS on main channel. Crap... I wonder which part that Amcrest can not get this simple thing right...

No speical setup for the HDs as my surveillance system and configuration is really simple. I was hoping IVS would compensate motion alerts because of too many faulty alerts.