AD410 - Customise blue LED

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
sydneysider

AD410 - Customise blue LED

Post by sydneysider »

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to see if anyone knew whether it was possible to either:
- Customise the LED ring around the button of the AD410 (e.g. change colour)
- Currently when the 'talk' button is pressed on the Smart Home app, the LED ring changes to a dark blue. Is it possible to turn this feature off (i.e. no change in the LED colour)?

I've had a look through the Smart Home app as well as the API documentation but can't see anything immediately obvious that would let me change this.

Thanks
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: AD410 - Customise blue LED

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I would maybe go to the Feature Request part of the Forum and ask to have this added. I am not saying that it can, I know that there are some things that can be done to turn them on or off as a Stand alone anyway. So what I mean is going to the smart home app, then the camera, then the cog at the top right, Then on the main page there towards the bottom is some Slide bars to turn on off features. One of them is Indicator Light. I know that turning that off turns off the Ring in standby. It is pouring down rain right now so I didn't go push to see if that turns that light off for push or not. But it does turn off the normal LED..

Normally I have mine off. I don't ring my own bell so I don't know if it is off when pressed as well. I know there is 3 LED colors in the doorbell. Red, Green and Blue. Wish the red would come on when there was a Human and or flash so the person that was walking up knows the system is working and has detected them..

So I have a Lorex doorbell that I just turned off the LED and I pressed the doorbell button and the LED don't do anything. So my guess is that is how it is for the Amcrest as well. I could be wrong. I know they are built almost the same. Just the Lorex has some other things that it offered in App that Amcrest don't offer. So maybe that is a feature that hasn't been added. As soon as the rain stops I will go press the button to test. Until then If it isn't off when pressed I know it can be added and best to ask in the Amcrest Request Feature thread.
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So yes with the option in the Smart Home app turned off. The LEd is off when button is pressed so the feature is already there..
Be Safe.
sydneysider

Post by sydneysider »

Thanks Revo. I was actually looking for the colour to stay the same (i.e. the green/light blue colour it normally is when it's on) - as opposed to turning the LED off (I can see how my original post may have been vague so my apologies!)
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

sydneysider wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 9:54 pm I've had a look through the Smart Home app as well as the API documentation but can't see anything immediately obvious that would let me change (the ring light color and state) .
You won't find anything documented in the Amcrest HTTP API manual specifically related to SmartHome devices. The additional API commands that were added for SmartHome Doorbells and cameras have all had to be discovered through review of internal config settings.

So I had a look and figure these settings are very likely related to the button ring light:

Code: Select all

Lighting_V2[0][0][2].Color=Blue
Lighting_V2[0][0][2].LightType=PilotLight
Lighting_V2[0][0][2].Mode=Auto
This SmartHome-specific Lighting_V2 CGI was added by Amcrest (not Dahua) and it appears that the Lighting_V2[0][0][2] designates the button ring led (i.e. what else could be blue?). Also, the best I can tell, only the AD410 has this specific [0][0][2] "PilotLight" subset.

It's not known what the alternative Modes are besides Auto. Maybe "ForceOn" would keep the light on rather than the blue "ring around the rosie" upon button push? And maybe the LED color can be changed as well.

Since you are familiar with the API doc, I assume you already know how to issue CGI commands, so play around with it and let us know.