Can you add the doorbell cam (AD410) to ASP?

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
Dshow

Can you add the doorbell cam (AD410) to ASP?

Post by Dshow »

Can you add the doorbell cam (AD410) to Amcrest Surveillance Pro? If so, how? (I have 4 existing cameras on different networks that I've added via P2P. I followed the same process with the AD410 and it says it's "Off Line".)
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Can you add the doorbell cam (AD410) to ASP?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I have tried a few times to add the Ad410 to my ASP over P2P and I never can. I can however and I have added it to my ASP using the ASP on the local network using the IP format of the install of the device. What is odd is I have added other Ad110 and some other Smart Home devices to ASP over P2P and a few others that won't work on P2P.
Be Safe.
Dshow

Post by Dshow »

Thanks Revo2Maxx! (You helped me in January add my other cameras to ASP...)
When I'm on the same network, I can use Amcrest View Pro to view both earlier and SmartHome cameras at the same time. Now that I'm not on the same network, I can only use the SmartHome app to view the SmartHome camera. That's to bad they made a change so that you cannot view all Amcrest cameras in the same app. Can the older cameras be added to SmartHome?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

No cameras outside of the Smart Home cameras can be added to that app.. There was some issue with people wanting to add the cameras to AVP and so Amcrest did make it so once the camera was added using the Smart home app, that it could be added to the AVP.. Issue is that not all of them work well in P2P mode on avp or ASP even in P2P. But was able to be added.

So what is odd really is that I can add other Smarthome products VIA P2P just not the AD410 to ASP. The SN for them are like in kind. So might be some numbers that Amcrest needs to give access to ASP and AVP.

Maybe this can be something a Ticket can solve. I am not sure why a 13 digit serial number for other ASH products and DB products work and not the 13 digit AD410. I can add the AD110 using P2P to ASP.. I am guessing it is something that was overlooked when adding the ability to start with. Personally not sure the Ad410 was even out when they opened AVP and ASP to work with the SH line..
Be Safe.