IP4M-1041W Won't Connect to Wi-Fi

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest View Pro, Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
sparkgap

IP4M-1041W Won't Connect to Wi-Fi

Post by sparkgap »

Just bought 2 IP4M-1041W cameras.
Trying to get them to connect to Wi-Fi but neither one works.
Using the Amcrest View Pro app, I tried the Ethernet Wi-Fi setup, the Wi-Fi config setup, and the Search Device setup. None work.

I can scan the serial numbers no problem, if I try the Ethernet setup it can't even find my Wi-Fi network name even though everything is working properly. With the Wi-Fi config setup, it does find my Wi-Fi network and it allows me to enter the password, but when I try to connect, the app just rings like a telephone for about a minute then gives me an error that it couldn't connect.

What's going on with this app? I have 6 POE cameras and they all connected without any issues.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: IP4M-1041W Won't Connect to Wi-Fi

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I can't say that you issue is related to your wifi or not. What I can do is offer some info about how to connect the camera when trying to connect with Wifi. First have the camera local to you (Meaning same SPOT you and your phone are located) (Desk) then remove the camera from the app if it is on there from another install attempt.. Then press the Reset button on the camera (Even if it has not been setup before just reset it) Make sure your phone is connected to your wifi of the right one you want to use. Best luck is 2.4 if close enough to router then 5g is ok. Then once the camera is waiting to setup in the app press the +, then choose wifi camera, then scan QR code and follow what it says on the app. For me what I have found and I don't know why really. If I don't hold the phone up in front of the camera between 6 to 9 inches from lens it don't seem to want to connect. So I found that if I setup my cameras like that I can get them to connect. However if I have the camera out of view it don't seem to want to connect. Even a older wifi camera without a Mic I can setup as long as I have the camera and phone in front of one another. If I happen to be to the side of the cameras view the connection times out and I have to try again. That camera don't even have a mic so I don't know why or what having the phone in front of the camera does. However it seems to work for me.

Now I don't have a 1041 in front of me. So I can't say that it should work. I just reset one of my other older cameras and setup using wifi after removing from app. I wanted to test to see if there might be an issue on the P2P servers. It worked for me anyway

Next, If you need to setup using Ethernet first, Then you will want to again Reset the camera back to factory, Once the camera is done rebooting using your Router or using Amcrest IP config tool look for the IP your router gave you using a Ethernet Cable. Then once you have that IP type that into your web Browser IE is best however most people have lost the use of it. Anyway however you connect put in the IP, press enter and it will give you a log in using admin admin, then it will ask you to change the password. Make sure not to use something you use for your normal life and don't make it something so easy someone could guess it..

Once you have that setup and it brings up your WebUI click on setup, Network, Wifi, Then click on Enable, (Once you do it should scan if it don't scan automatically then click the scan at the bottom of the page) once you get your SSID, enter the password for your SSID, then it should show that it has connected. Once it shows that the wifi is connected you can reboot the camera, While it is rebooting remove the Ethernet cable from the camera and let the camera load using the Wifi. Now doing a seach again in your network or using IP config tools log into the IP of the wifi of the camera. Then go to Setup, Network, then TCP/IP, then changing type to Wireless and click Default, Then in there change from DHCP to Static and put in the IP you want for the camera. Once that is entered and saved it will reboot the network connection to the new IP you can if you like log back in however best to just setup the app now.

In the Amcrest View Pro App, Click the + again to setup camera, Then Wifi then top right tab should say Connected Device, Then scan the QR code and give name for camera and put in user name and password and show should be setup in your app...
Screenshot_20230416_123320_Amcrest View Pro.jpg
Screenshot_20230416_123320_Amcrest View Pro.jpg (209.8 KiB) Viewed 5849 times
Be Safe.
sparkgap

Post by sparkgap »

Thanks for the reply !

I tried resetting the cameras then repeated the Wifi config setup.
This time I held the phone in front of the camera lens....and it was able to connect to Wifi !

I don't really understand why it worked though. What is the camera looking at? There's no bar code to read or anything.
Is this some kind of NFC (Near Field Communication) ?

Anyway, I'm just glad it works now.

While we're discussing technical problems, I've been having problems with the IP Config Tool. It used to work fine but now it's very intermittent. I have 2 identical Mac Mini computers and the tool only works with one of them, even though they both have identical operating systems. One of the computers can not find any cameras no matter what I do, including going to the settings and setting the start IP address to 192.168.1.1. Same problem on my Windows 10 laptop. It simply won't find any cameras. Any ideas ?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

To be honest I am not sure. I personally don't have that issue on any of my systems. I mean I have loads of different programs that I use for finding cameras because I have many different camera brands. Most of them are before knowing Amcrest, So 95% of my hardware is Amcrest or Dahua. However I still have some older Hikvision and Samsung and they require different tools.

So then it comes down to a few different things. While I don't know what kind of system you are working with but almost sounds like you might be on a shared Network that might pull your network info from different routers or something that isn't the normal type setup. While this could result in a no connection from time to time to the internet where other times depending on how it is setup it might be where it is setup to be allowed and this making it so maybe you wouldn't know right away that you are on a different system...

Like lets says this. I have a large Network system in the NW Over 20 ac of land and use 5 different routers. On 4 of the routers they all use the same IP pool with 1 DHCP the 5 router is setup to have access to the internet and that means I have incoming and outgoing ability. This is in an area that don't normally have outside people however if in the case I had some one there that I gave the info to for access it would feel like they were connected to the main internet connection but wouldn't have access to the devices connected on the other range. So that is main reason it is setup this way so people on my normal Ip range, don't have access to the data in my Security Shack.

So maybe your system is setup with more then 1 router, or maybe you meant to setup one of them as a Repeater or bridge and not a router. So what I would do is on your Mac, Open Terminal or what ever you would use for normal commands and type arp -a Another thing you can try is ipconfig getifaddr en1

The arp should give you a list of IP's that the computer is able to see. the other command ipconfig part should give you the IP address of your mac. Then do the same in the other Mac while they are both connected.

Something to note.. If you were to access lets say ASP with the Serial number of the device rather then setting up with IP the Mac should have access even if in a different state let alone different range of IP in your local network..
Be Safe.
sparkgap

Post by sparkgap »

You know, it seems like the problems with the IP Config Tool started after I replaced my router. My old Linksys died and I replaced it with a Linksys MR6350V1 with Mesh. It's an 802.11ac so it operates on 2.4 and 5GHz.
I'm wondering if this might be the problem.

As I said I have 2 Mac Mini computers both running OSX 10.12. The computer that can't find any cameras is right next to the router.
The one in the living room, halfway across the house, can usually find the computers. Maybe the 5GHz stuff is causing interference that's preventing the computer from finding cameras ?

I had a similar issue with my Ambient home weather station. It uses 2.4GHz Wifi and I could not connect to my network because I think it was getting interference from the Comcast cable box, which is actually a 5GHz router. As soon as I moved the weather station console away from the cable box, it was able to connect to Wifi.

I'm suspicious that my IP Config problems might be a similar issue.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yes my guess is that the issue is the Mesh network router. Because of so many people talking about the issues with Mesh and IP wifi cameras I have not moved over to Mesh even though doing so could help my Mega Networks that I seem to always like to setup lol. Current living location right now I did have 5 routers connected here as well. I have cut it back to only 3 for now and 4 switches. However I am not the normal home user either..
Be Safe.