Audio out and alarm connections on 4K cameras

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
EddieColeslawski

Audio out and alarm connections on 4K cameras

Post by EddieColeslawski »

Can someone tell me if the following cameras have Alarm and Audio Out connections? It’s incredibly hard to find online:
  • IP8M-TD2685EW-AI
  • IP8M-2796EW-AI
  • IP8M-2779EW-AI
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Audio out and alarm connections on 4K cameras

Post by Revo2Maxx »

2685 has mic and alarm speaker built in. No alarm and not sure speaker is audio out or just siren only speaker. I know there are some cameras that offer both in one and others that is only programed for alarm sound only.

2796 looking at web says only has poe port only for connection type and has 1 way audio with built in Mic.

The 2779 looks like it's only poe ported

So no from what I can see on the web there is no extras offered on these.
Be Safe.
EddieColeslawski

Post by EddieColeslawski »

Awesome, thank you
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@EddieColeslawski So I did find that the 2 that it looks like they were POE ported only I did find a Spec Sheet for them that does mention they do have 12v as well. I am trying to get some updated info on all the cameras listed because looking at the first one's manual, It shows only picture of 12v and ethernet however in the manual it talks about RCA Mic so I am trying to get all the right Data because it is not Clear and everywhere I searched there was nothing to give anymore data at the time then what was shown. I was looking deeper in the manual and found info that leads to the website needs to be little more clear about these cameras seeing what they are.

Sorry for giving the wrong info I will post back what I found out

2796 also has info in the manual that talks about RCA audio in and out so there has to be wires on that camera as well. Again trying to get all data that is current and will pass that along as soon as I get some better details.
Be Safe.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

EddieColeslawski wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 4:06 pm Can someone tell me if the following cameras have Alarm and Audio Out connections? It’s incredibly hard to find online:
  • IP8M-TD2685EW-AI
  • IP8M-2796EW-AI
  • IP8M-2779EW-AI
Just use Google to find and look at each camera's Technical Specifications.  The only one that has those features is:
https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... 2685EW-AI-
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sorry Jack that isn't the case. As I said I looked and the data wasn't there. I looked again today as I was talking with Amcrest about some issues with the cameras data not being found when searched and looking at the top of the manuals it shows there is nothing about the RCA however this is from the 2779EW-AI manual,
Audio
This menu allows the user to modify audio settings for the camera. Please note, this device has a dongle wire
connection which allows the user to connect an external RCA microphone or speaker. If using an external
microphone, make sure to enable the “Line In” option located in the Audio In Device dropdown menu.

Audio in Device: This field allows the user to select what source to get audio from. The default is the camera’s
built-in mic. Alternatively, the line in mic can be selected.

So because of that info and looking at the manual of the other camera it has some of the same type info that wasn't even listed until today so that was why I asked Amcrest to look into the camera and update the Website with the right info about the camera

Spec sheets were not found on site of Sale, and info wasn't posted one of the camera didn't have anything until today however the info it offers is incomplete. So that is why I posted again with information I found as I don't like to make mistakes when trying to help others. Seeing I don't have the cameras it is hard to say. I looked on youtube and ebay trying to find someone that had info about the camera maybe being sold with picture of the wiring detail so I could give best info.. At the time I gave best info I could find that wasn't correct. So I wanted to try and update with good info..
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Looking a page 18 of the 2796 it has the same info about RCA line in blah blah blah and to tired to type it again lol.. So info on Spec sheet or manual is wrong again that was why I asked them to look into the info and update Spec Sheet or manual and maybe add it to the Website seeing it could make or break a sale..
Be Safe.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

Revo2Maxx,

As my previous post described, this post is ONLY about the IP8M-TD2685EW-AI.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09VRN79X5?ref=myi_title_dp

See the IP8M-TD2685EW-AI Technical Specifications.
Look under Dongle Connections section near bottom of 

The IP8M-TD2685EW-AI User Manual shows in detail how to use the features.

Why do you say those two documents are wrong?

If I wanted that camera, I would just order one from Amazon and return it if it did not have the features.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I didn't say YOUR POSTING of the Doc's was wrong. What I said was the other 2 cameras the DOC's are wrong. you said in your post that looking in Google it came back that the only camera that offered the info they wanted was the 2685.. I then pointed out that in the Doc that was posted about the other 2 cameras it says they don't have audio, and yet in the Manual it says it does.. So I am not sure where you got the idea I was talking about the info about the camera you showed a link to the info saying it was only one that offered what the OP was asking about.. Clearly that isn't the case and I showed in one part of the post what the one camera says in the manual and in the second of that post I said in that other camera on page 18 it says the same type info as the first camera..

I wasn't talking about the camera you provided the link too... I was as I said saying that the others don't have the right info either in Spec Sheet or in the Manual because they do say in manual that RCA is on the wire bundle. Yet one camera as I said in my first post to the OP shows it only offers Ethernet and power in the manual yet that is clearly wrong.

So as I said I was trying to update to make sure things are right and understood to the OP and amcrest said they would work on making sure that info was corrected either way..
Be Safe.