Remove Amcrest watermark

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Recon7

Remove Amcrest watermark

Post by Recon7 »

I hate seeing that HUGE amcrest logo on my screen while I veiw my cams. Anyone know how to remove it?

Is it a software thing or do I need to scrape it off the lens ?

piter

Re: Remove Amcrest watermark

Post by piter »

hello!
setup/camera/video/overlay/logo overlay/disabled

Here, problem solved... ;)
Recon7

Post by Recon7 »

piter wrote:hello!

Here, problem solved... ;)
Yes ...that was it, Thanks!!

FOr anyone else looking:

Use Amcrest WebView ---> setup --> Camera---> video ... then select the overlay. On the overlay screen you can move/change your timestamp as well.
JVR

Post by JVR »

Can this only be accomplished with webview?
plusfour

Post by plusfour »

These instructions don't seem to be valid any more, there's no option to remove the logo in the IP8M-T2669 that I can see, you can set and remove Channel Title and Time Title but there's no option to get rid of that annoying logo, in one case right in the middle of the door area that I want to record.

Does anyone know if this capability has been disabled again as it was for some cameras in the past?
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

You should be able to use the API to remove the Amcrest logo.

Try these commands noted in the following post: https://amcrest.com/forum/ip-cameras-f1 ... tml#p38751
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Also if you have cameras connected to amcrest nvr you can do it from NVR.
Be Safe.
plusfour

Post by plusfour »

GaryOkie wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:46 am You should be able to use the API to remove the Amcrest logo. Try these commands noted in the following post: https://amcrest.com/forum/ip-cameras-f1 ... tml#p38751
I'd seen that but that looks like you need direct access to the cameras, mine are connected to an NVR so I can't get to them directly, and I also don't have a PoE switch (apart from the NVR) to plug them into so can't reconnect them temporarily to something else for the purposes of removing the logo.

With much older NVR firmware you used to be able to access the cameras via a port range on the NVR starting at 10080, but that hasn't worked for several firmware revisions.
plusfour

Post by plusfour »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:08 am Also if you have cameras connected to amcrest nvr you can do it from NVR.
Ah, my original post was a bit unclear, I was doing it from the NVR not the camera (since the cameras are behind the NVR), and from there you can change the Channel Title and Time Title but nothing else.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

Use a 12V DC 1A(or more) power supply AC adapter, and an ethernet cable to router.  Then use IP Config to change IP address, and Web UI  to remove logo.