IP2M-841 randomly changes resolution

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
eclipse

IP2M-841 randomly changes resolution

Post by eclipse »

Title says it all. I set the resolution using Amcrest View Pro to 1920*1080, and the app indicates success. If I check the resolution in the app a day or two later it is at 1280*720. Any idea why this happens or how to prevent it? Could the frame rate or bit rate be forcing a downgrade?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: IP2M-841 randomly changes resolution

Post by Revo2Maxx »

If you have it connected to the Amcrest Cloud I would make sure that any changes you make in the camera are made in the Cloud as the cloud will change it back to what it was setup for if only changed in the WebUI of the camera.

Outside of that there is no other reason that a camera would change on it's own.
Be Safe.
eclipse

Re: IP2M-841 randomly changes resolution

Post by eclipse »

Thank you! Funny you mentioned that. After posting my question, I realized that the camera at issue is the only one (of a few Amcrest cameras I have) that I added to Amcrest Cloud. As a separate issue, I can no no longer view the live stream in Amcrest Cloud. (However, I never use Amcrest Cloud -- today is the first time I've logged into it in a couple of years.) Not sure why I can no longer access the live stream, but in any event I have deleted the camera from Amcrest Cloud to avoid the resolution changing. (Too bad -- I did like the health check feature, which if nothing else notified me if the camera went offline.)