IP2M-841B V3 no Mic function with TinyCam App

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
dahai8

IP2M-841B V3 no Mic function with TinyCam App

Post by dahai8 »

Sorry if throwing TinyCam into the mix puts this outside the scope of this forum, but I haven't had any luck searching elsewhere.

I have 6 IP2M-841(B/W) V3 Amcrest cameras and their Mic function works properly using the Amcrest View Pro app.
However, I cannot get the Mic working with TinyCam Pro from the Android Play Store.
One of the main reasons I bought these cameras was that TinyCam specifically recommended this camera on their web site and says it supports "2-w audio". Which, to me, implies TinyCam supports it as well.
I have contacted the author of that app multiple times over the past year with no response. So hoping someone here has some ideas.

I have the camera configured in TinyCam as "Amcrest IP2M-841" and "RTSP over TCP (H264/H265)". The viewer shows the Mic icon and when I click on it, it turns red and the volume bar reacts when I talk into the phone. But no sounds comes out of the camera. As previously stated, this works properly with the Amcrest View Pro app.

I have tried every other model of Amcerst and DaHua camera in the TinyCam app and none of them work with the mic as well.
I have tried this with HTTP and HTTPS configurations as well on the camera and in the app.

Ideas?

Thank you!
jack7

Re: IP2M-841B V3 no Mic function with TinyCam App

Post by jack7 »

Maybe your device volume is just too weak.  Try turning up the audio setting for your cam in tinycam settings to 1000%.
dahai8

Post by dahai8 »

jack7 wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:41 am Maybe your device volume is just too weak.  Try turning up the audio setting for your cam in tinycam settings to 1000%.
Ok.
I tried various Audio Amplification settings from 25% to 1000% and still no sound.
Thanks anyway for the suggestion!
mazerati

Post by mazerati »

Is there any update on this issue? I'm facing the same issue with an AD410 since I've upated the firmware.
Thanks
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

Have you tossed this out to the Reddit crowd? Some fairly resourceful tinyCam folks over there on occasion.

You could also cruise the IPCamTalk forum for possible suggestions, though there's a lot to weed through over there.

Can you get audio from any cameras at all with tinyCam? I also use it but have never tried the audio function. And are you using it strictly on an Android phone? Have you tried it with a Firestick or AndroidTV box?
mazerati

Post by mazerati »

Hi, I've just recently updated the FW. With the stock FW 2-way audio was generally working but the device was rebooting every now and then. With the latest Fw I'm getting the audio and I'm able to activate the microphone, but there's nothing hearable through the doorbell spreaker. Audio coming from the doorbell is OK I've used a Fire tablet and an Samsung Android phone.
Therefore I believe that something was changed in the Amcrest Fw.