T2669EW-AI Issues

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
MSix

T2669EW-AI Issues

Post by MSix »

I have 3 T2599 cams and 3 T2669 cams. All 6 cams have the current firmware. They all have the exact same video settings. The T2599 cams will play the Main Stream (4K) in the web interface just fine. The T2669 cams will not. They revert to the sub-stream. Is this a known issue? I mainly use Surveillance Station for viewing the feeds and the streams all work fine there, so it's no big deal. I'm just curious why the newer cams won't play the hi-res streams in the web UI.

Also, one of my T2669 cams will not save the settings for Audio. I keep trying to disable audio on it, but it never saves. The other 2 T2669 cams don't have that problem. Again, not a big deal as I'm not saving audio in Surveillance Station anyway.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: T2669EW-AI Issues

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum

So there is a good few things that could be the issue however it is hard to say. Seeing they all have same issue my guess is that you are running your system on h.265 and using Chrome or Edge for Live view? If that is the case I would test your cameras in h.264 and see if they work in that mode without issue. I know that I have that issue using Chrome or Edge with my 8mp camera using h.265 and records on my Amcrest NVR in that mode without an issue just live view issue. My camera isn't the same model as your but something to try.
Be Safe.
MSix

Post by MSix »

I could check that out. I'm using Firefox, though. And the T2599 cams are also running h.265 and display fine, even in Firefox.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I don't have the 2 cameras, I know that I do have some cameras that I can use in h.265 in Chrome and or Edge, Firefox as well on a different system but don't use it often either way. Then my 8mp that I forget a do a Reset of the camera and it setups again to my NVR's without issue, Then I go to look at WebUI and I get the it switched to Sub message again. I put back in Main and a few to less then 30 seconds later it goes back to sub.. The way I cure this is by changing the system to h.264 and then I can use Main all I want without it switching..

If I had to guess, There might be a couple of things happening, 1 CPU in the camera that is working with Ram might be better then the one that isn't working. 2 there might be an issue with Connection from a cable or maybe Length of cable. However I would guess that the first part might be a better idea, I say this because while my camera are 300 feet away from my NVR, Both of the cameras for me are connected using same size cables, same POE Switch and same connection path to my NVR's. Going as far as swapping the cables to the cameras after changing the POE ports of the Switch with no different results. However that could be an issue so that is why I posted it as a possibility.
Be Safe.
joe260

Post by joe260 »

My Camera stop connecting to my Wi-Fi, I been rest it and still not connecting
D/NS5K0561201976
Joe darwich
joe260

AD110

Post by joe260 »

D/N S5K0561201976
its not allowing me to be connecting to the WIFI
mfjonesy

Post by mfjonesy »

I have the exact same issue with the T2669. When I switch to h.265 it won't play in the live view and kills the RTSP stream. Getting it working would be very nice because in theory you could get a higher quality at the same bandwidth correct? I'm also on the latest firmware, V2.800.00AC001.0.R, Build Date: 2022-08-23.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

To be honest at this time there will be very little difference between the 2 formats of h.265 and normal h.264.. While I don't have that T2669EW local for testing however one 8mp camera that I have local I did test in both formats and while normally it is said that you can use h.265 to save space and while that might be true it also comes at cutting the quality of the picture..

So to Make h.265 a higher quality then h.264 you would need to keep the Bit Rate the same so I did and while it is night time right now my camera is in IR mode B/W because it is in very dark area. With this said the numbers would be higher in the day time but for a 1 minute clip that was recorded in h.265 at 15fps and 4096 bit rate that clip was 30mb. So then changed it to h.264 and left all the things the same with 15fps, 4096 and that 1 min clip was also 30mb in size.

Then looking at the quality of the 2 videos they honestly looked the same.. I did save these using DAV format so size will be different off the type of format it was recorded in. Just wanted to be clear of all data. Because yours might end up being different with type of scene that the camera is in with the current lighting conditions

Lookoing at a clip that was 1m 08s long that recorded today in color just before it was dark enough for the camera that file was 38mb in mp4 format and 37.19mb when leaving the format in DAV..

RTSP Steam for me anyway seems to work better in h.264 or h.264h format. My 8mp don't support the h.264h or I would have used that format for recording the testing..
Be Safe.