IP4M-1053E audio

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
mikelagase

IP4M-1053E audio

Post by mikelagase »

Hi, I have a IP4M-1053E camera and notice that it has bare audio wires. I want to enable audio so I can hear audio around the device using a mic or some other device. The documentation is not clear at all as to how to set this up or any example of how you could use this. I checked the forum and found this link - https://amcrest.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 53E#p24244 which references https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002S ... 1_3&sr=8-3 but unsure how that could be used with this camera.

Does anyone have any information on how I could setup a mic on this device so I can hear audio?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: IP4M-1053E audio

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So what Jack7 was offering was kind of a All in 1 solution for cameras. However in the type of camera like the 850, and line of up and even past the 1053 it is as you said with bare wires and would need a little more work to make it full solution. One could cut off the ends on the setup that was offered ( I wouldn't) and the other is to get the end for your Camera to work with said Mic..

For me I have a Few different Mic's and I have a few different ways that I connect my Mic's to my cameras however to be fair on my 850 and others like your 1053 that I own and use Mic's on I elect to use a Mic with bare ends..

However lets try to keep this in perspective, Most times the mic and the camera are not in same area so you will still need RCA and best to get the ends needed for the setup.

Next and something that is most times over looked by others and even over looked by installers is the persons thoughts of Upgrades. (Pull more then 1 cable to the camera location to start with will make like easier in the end) You will need power to the camera location if your using POE for your camera. If your using a 12v power to the camera you will be able to use a splice in the power supply however you will want to make sure that your current demands are going to be met.

Then if your camera is say mounted on a Parapet or some area that is out of range where you want the Mic to be placed you will need to have RCA cable to run from that area to the Mic mounting location with power there as well. So RCA and Cat5e and in truth a RCA should be used on the Camera connection as well rather then a open wire setup.

3 wire Mic and the 3 wire Audio of the camera only thing you want to worry about on camera is the Ground and Mic (Gound is shared) so you plan to put a Speaker in later date then pigtail that ground wire. Then on the bare wire Mic will have 3 wires, ground, Power and Mic, The ground is shared with the Mic and Power.
Be Safe.
mikelagase

Post by mikelagase »

Thanks, in my case this is a camera that I have in my lower pasture mainly for sunsets and wildlife and only has an ethernet cable for POE to it with no power nearby it so 12v source is kind of out. I only have one wire these so can't power it via another cable unfortunately. I was hoping the mic would be an easy solution but appears not. Will continue to research on how this might be done. If I can get power there my options open up a bit.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

Use this device at your camera to provide 12V DC 25W power for camera and external mic.  Camera needs 20W and mic below probably needs less than 0.25W.
https://www.amazon.com/PoE-Texas-12V-Sp ... pons&psc=1

Here's a microphone to try.  There are others.
https://www.amazon.com/Microseven-M7WP- ... 234&sr=8-1
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

jack7 wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:58 pm Use this device at your camera to provide 12V DC 25W power for camera and external mic.  Camera needs 20W and mic below probably needs less than 0.25W.
https://www.amazon.com/PoE-Texas-12V-Sp ... pons&psc=1

Here's a microphone to try.  There are others.
https://www.amazon.com/Microseven-M7WP- ... 234&sr=8-1
That isn't going to work. Unless the person is going to run a second POE+ to the camera site, That is a Splitter that takes the Power from the POE, and converts it to 12v and then the output of the Ethernet is no longer POE powered. I mean the Splitter is good that it will supply 25w aka 2.08amps of current if the camera was a lower current camera that could work but I think the camera alone needs more then 2 amps so they could have split it off that to a normal camera like say my 1046 or other lower current non POE+ Cameras..

I do have a setup on one of my Properties that might work for them.

First this is the Mic I have a good few of and seem to work great on my 850's https://www.newegg.com/p/0XZ-004K-00079 ... P6FCN15511

So here is the issue however and that is power, So in one of my locations I have a Remote mic that I have connected VIA a Battery pack. I will admit I did have a lower powered solar connected to it at first and worked for the first year. However last winter in the area it is running I found that I was getting about 10 days of mic power and that was because the Solar panel I was using wasn't very good in winter months with loads of snow, So I bought a 25W 12v solar panel that someone could buy from Amazon for around 36 USD. by Eco-Worthy and works in Extreme weather.

So the Mic, I have setup on my 850 and the Noise Filter Enabled with Mic Volume at 53 and picks up more then I like sometimes lol. If I disable it *The Noise Filter* it will be over powered. I will admit only thing I don't like about the 850 is that PTZ is picked up by the mic as well. Where others with mic onboard seems to turn off Mic when pan and tilting. My guess is that the 1053 would have that built in but incase it is still the same just keep that in mind when you pan and tilt if the Mic is close or Mic Volume turned to high the pan and tilt will get picked up. On my 850 I run it AAC 16000 in main and 8000 in sub.
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I do have one of my 850's in my office because of a FW issue that has disabled some of the needed features of the device. So I connected it up with one of my Hikvision Mics and made a short Unlisted Video. I am sitting 10 feet from the Mic and the TV that can be heard is in another room 20 feet away. I wasn't talking very loud because of the time of night however did clear my throat as something to sound normal. I also ran the Pan and tilt a short area so it could be heard. The Mic is about 6 Feet from the camera however it is mounted on the same part of the wall the camera is on so it might just be picking up off the wall. However when it was mounted in the back the mic was 6 feet from the camera different part of wall but could still pick up the Pan and Tilt just as loud and was mounted to 3/4" T111 where the camera is mounted off the Gable End.

https://youtu.be/K64XZZ7HROw
Be Safe.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

Revo2maxx,

IP4M-1053 camera technical specs say it needs 13W, or 20W with IR. A 25W supply seems reasonable to me.   I have not done it yet, just suggested a PoE 12V splitter.

Regarding your  recommended Hikvision mic.   How would it do in rain and snow?  If installed in a tree, how much protection from elements would be needed?  How well does that mic handle wind noise?
About your video:
What is a 3/4 T111?  (on gable)
What is all that constant background noise?  Would it be there with TV off?  Sounds like I hear a bird chirping in there also.  Your voice sounds hollow, not like on your other videos.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

Revo2maxx,

IP4M-1053 camera technical specs say it needs 13W, or 20W with IR. A 25W supply seems reasonable to me.   I have not done it yet, just suggested a PoE 12V splitter.

Regarding your  recommended Hikvision mic.   How would it do in rain and snow?  If installed in a tree, how much protection from elements would be needed?  How well does that mic handle wind noise?
About your video:
What is a 3/4 T111?  (on gable)
What is all that constant background noise?  Would it be there with TV off?  Sounds like I hear a bird chirping in there also.  Your voice sounds hollow, not like on your other videos.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

There are better Mic's I am sure. I mean this one being 15 with 3 wires worked for me and I stuck with it. This isn't the only Mic i use for my cameras. I do use ones with Ends already on them with my 1046 and a couple of other cameras that have RCA ends on them so bought Mic's with the ends already on as well. Only down side is that I need a RCA cable from Camera to Mic position and for that I use Monster RCA cables to keep down any bad noise that might be picked up by lower quality cable.

So the Camera is mounted on Gable of the area where it was mounted before and the Mic is mounted on T111 siding as a way to explain that the Mic could pick up pan and tilt sound even mounted to them areas of the building.

Wind with most mic's leave something to be desired to be honest. If wind is something that happens in the area where these Mic's would be used more days then not then I would look for a much better solution. I do use a Wind Screen on most of my other type mics and these if it wasn't for the fact there is other cameras around the area with Mic's as well I don't worry about it much. Between my ASH47 built in Mic and the Hikvision Mic I get about the same quality of input from the Mic's.

I am in No way Paid by the company that I have the Mic's from, I only offered some extra info about what I had, I paid for the Mic's myself, I personally would rather have a Mic that was from Amcrest or Dahua but this is what I found and has worked. With wire to Wire connection and no need to buy and solder on RCA connectors or cut off one to make the other one work. I use Cat5e cable to move Mic to my location of need.

About the 1053EW, Looking at the TECH Spec's it says 12v 3amps and sure the data below that talks about Consumption 13w and 20w with IR on. I personally don't know. I do know that 1.6666amps of current at night is not all the data I feel is correct, I mean there is Pan, Tilt, extra current needs for higher traffic of moving data I am not sure that 20w is really the total this would take if say someone had the camera on a Pattern or Tour with the camera going from dead stop to a different preset there has to be a reason they want a 12v 3amp on the spec sheet. There is a lot of things to factor in. IT says IR on, but was that IR on normal IR or High Power IR with only the 1 set, both sets and or high only, Was that in Pan and Tilt drive all them numbers were gathered in Truth my guess is NO. However if one does use such a device to power the camera and a Mic. I would make sure not to do any Updates to the camera with IR on. Leave the Updates to day time any extra load even the extra load of the FW being installed can Brick the camera.
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I went out and connected another Mic of the same model bought at the same time as the one in the first video. So what is different is I have this connected to a Dahua 4mp POE camera. I also have the Mic is setup for 711A rather then the AAC. This mic is outside this way it can be heard with only things going on outside.. I had it setup for 53 on the mic with Noise Filter turned on.

This was played back being recorded from my Older 4108E that I setup the camera to record to for making this video.

Yes it is a 15 Dollar Mic, Never claimed it was 100 worth nor would I have bought it if it was. It works for my needs and is also the Mic that is being used in my other location that is remote from me. It uses 25ma 12v.

So 1 last thing I didn't mention when I upgraded the Solar panel on my other location for the Mic's use, I also changed out the 1800mah 12v battery to a larger 12v 7ah battery. I would have used a better battery however because it is a Remote area that I don't visit often and my family that is closer don't use it much anymore I don't want to have something to costly out there because I don't want it to disappear and if it did I could replace it for less then my Deductible

https://youtu.be/tIJezraWnXI
Be Safe.