Cannot reset IP4M-1026EW

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
lmolter

Cannot reset IP4M-1026EW

Post by lmolter »

I just bought a new NV5216 and two cameras did not respond. Due to security concerns, I purchased two new cameras. However, there seems to be no way to reset these IP4Ms' login credentials. There's no reset button or even a pinhole to stick a paperclip into. So, given that there's no hardware reset options, is there a software reset option, either through the Web UI or a direct connect via HDMI? Nothing seems to work using those interfaces, however. It seems ridiculous to have to buy a new camera just because I forgot my login and password. Yes, bad on me, but still...
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Cannot reset IP4M-1026EW

Post by Revo2Maxx »

One of the not so easy cameras to reset.

So you will need to either have a good area to work or remove camera from area installed and bring to desk.

You will want to remove the cover on the top, Then using something like a Spudder or something that is thin maybe a Guitar Pick and remove the front plastic lens that covers the front of the camera. I have some that have snap in cover and some cameras that are taped on and I think yours is taped. If it isn't there will be a small access to pop out top of cover and bottom is just clipped in. Again think yours is double side sticky taped in.

Once you remove that you will want to take 4 screws out, I am not sure if it is just normal Philips or Security screw but after you take out 4 screws and remove the lens if you can access the area under the IR then great if not you will need to remove 2 or 4 screws not all cameras are made the same I again have some with 4 screws holding in IR board and some only 2 screws..

Now if you look at the point where the IR board wires connect to the Camera board there should be a Reset Switch to the right of that wire connector. You will want to make sure there is power going to the camera either by POE or Power supply that can power it. Then once it is powered on you will need to Press and hold that switch for around 45 seconds. IF your camera has a IRC you should hear it click when the camera resets...

Now that I think about it your camera the IR might be even connected to the front that you take off. Have a couple of cameras like that too I can't remember 100% if IR board is or isn't but I am sure your Switch is next to the IR boards power wires on the Cameras PCB...
Be Safe.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

lmolter

Post by lmolter »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 3:56 pm One of the not so easy cameras to reset.
jack7 wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:04 pm This may also help.
https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... P4M-1026E-
Dudes! Sorry, I'm 67 but it just slipped out. Due to your help, I got both cameras reset and talking to the NVR. I won't even mention (just did!) that another camera, a IP4M-1025EB, also needs a reset, but its construction is a bit different that the 1026s'. I'm not sure the clear cover in the front will pop off. No matter, I got the better cameras ready for a re-deployment.

Thanks again!
lmolter

Post by lmolter »

<< addendum >>
I found where those videos are and I looked at the reset procedure for the 1025. This one, the whole front piece just unscrews and reveals the motherboard. So now I know how to short those two pins together to do a reset. I'll do it at a later time as I don't need this camera any longer. But, jeez, not an easy task for any of them. I'm surprised that there's no way to reset the cameras via software commands from the NVR or maybe a special utility to do the same. Oh, well... job done.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well sorry was not sure if the issue was access and needing a Hard reset via Button is only way. However if you know the system password and have access to it then sure you could do a System reset from the WebUI. Again you would need to have access to IP, user and password to start with. Then log in to WebUI of the camera, Click on Setup in top right area, then system, Factory Reset. In some it will have ability to do full reset and other will not change IP or user and in that case a Button reset is needed like in my 850EB PTZ camera doing a reset in there is almost useless so have to take back off and access camera button reset for full reset..

Sorry should have asked if you already knew the password to the camera. However not sure if it would have been like my older 850 and not fully reset to your needs of use for your NVR..
Be Safe.
lmolter

Post by lmolter »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:30 am Sorry should have asked if you already knew the password to the camera. However not sure if it would have been like my older 850 and not fully reset to your needs of use for your NVR..
It's ok. I *did* mention that I did not know the password in my original post.