Camera update pending?

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
swbrains

Camera update pending?

Post by swbrains »

Hi,

When I log into the web UI for my NV4108E-A2 (fw ver. V4.000.00AC001.0, Build Date: 09-15-2021), I then go to Management->Camera->Update tab, and I see the "Status" column for all cameras says "Pending". I thought perhaps that meant that a newer firmware was available, so I checked the box for a camera and clicked the "Online Update" button, thinking it might go out and get the firmware and update the selected camera, but instead it popped up a window that said "update verification failed".

Can you tell me what the Status of "pending" indicates?

Is it possible to have the system download the latest update and update the cameras, or must I download it and choose it from my computer when updating the cameras?

Thanks!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Camera update pending?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well if I had to guess your talking about what is in the picture below and I am going to guess that is the new words.. I Say this because in the older 41xx-HS like my 4116E-HS rather then saying Pending it says To be Upgraded and that is even more confusing to where it sounds like there is a new Update for the Cameras. Please note that area is for Cameras not the NVR..

TO get an update for NVR would need to look in I am going to guess your A2 would be like my normal older HS.. So that would be Main Menu, Operation, System Maintain, Then Upgrade tab. Now that one is setup that you would need to have USB installed with BIN file on it. For what it is worth it might look like this one as well in the picture below and that is under. Main Menu, Maintain, Manager, Update and might look like 2nd picture below..
Screenshot (2693).png
Screenshot (2693).png (207.44 KiB) Viewed 391 times
Screenshot (2694).png
Screenshot (2694).png (141.48 KiB) Viewed 391 times
Be Safe.
swbrains

Post by swbrains »

Here is my screenshot of the camera update page:
screencapture_001216.png
screencapture_001216.png (21.79 KiB) Viewed 388 times
How would I go about performing the pending update?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sorry i guess I wasn't clear, Pending don't mean there is one waiting. However if you want to update your camera and if there was such an update you could get it from the Amcrest Website for your camera. I don't know where to send you for your update because I don't know the camera you own. However so I am clear. Once you have the last update if there was one for your camera when you look on that page of your capture showing Pending it will always say pending on that page unless your doing the update via that area. In other words that is Static and don't reflect that there is a pending update..

So I am Clear Most all of my listed cameras in my Pending picture are all updated to the last one the cameras is able to be updated to.. As I said the words on the older NVR's was even more confusing because it made it sound like there was Updates waiting seeing they say "To be upgraded" and that just makes it seem like there is an update..

Update for all amcrest devices here
https://amcrest.com/firmware
Be Safe.