IP5M-1190W not storing snapshots or video to ftp server

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
mhfnh

IP5M-1190W not storing snapshots or video to ftp server

Post by mhfnh »

I have 2 IP5M-1190W cameras connected over WiFi with 3 to 5 bars for signal strength to both. They appear to be all working except not storing the motion detection snapshots or video. The FTP server tests fine and they create a directory for the date and hour on the ftp server. There are no files in the directory. I do get e-mail notifications for both.

I have 2 Amcrest IP2M-841W-V3 cameras that work without problems storing the snapshots and video to the same ftp server.

Any help debugging this would be greatly appreciated.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: IP5M-1190W not storing snapshots or video to ftp server

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sorry so I understand you better.

You made FTP, Setup your device to take Snapshots? and told the Storage area that you want your images and videos sent to a FTP. Then after doing that and pressing test you get a folder with your share name, ch# and data for times it should have taking a video or image however neither of them were in it? So for images (JPG) if you had events like mine then it would look something like mine however when you look in that folder there is no images or video?
Screenshot (2620).png
Screenshot (2620).png (47.48 KiB) Viewed 308 times
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Here is my setup.. This is only one right now that is full time FTP and email others are email or ftp or neither so that is why I am showing this one. I do understand that this is much older camera however unless there is an issue with your cameras FW then it should look like and setup like I have it here.. Also not that you want to and I know that most shouldn't have to however have you Reset and setup again with same results? Did you then install FW again (Also there might be a NEW FW that might cure this if it was released with these issues.) even installing same FW back on could cure the issues at times I have had to do that...
Screenshot (2621).png
Screenshot (2621).png (146.71 KiB) Viewed 308 times
Screenshot (2622).png
Screenshot (2622).png (156.77 KiB) Viewed 308 times
Screenshot (2623).png
Screenshot (2623).png (149.82 KiB) Viewed 308 times
Screenshot (2624).png
Screenshot (2624).png (150.99 KiB) Viewed 308 times
Be Safe.
LarryB5417

Post by LarryB5417 »

Is there a firmware update avail? I do not see a "Test" link embedded on last page that I see on the newer cameras.
What is your 10.0.0.139 hardware? I use an NAS works perfect. Also try adding another folder in your receiving hardware device called Front850/snapshots, update same info in the cameras using the / symbol.,and make sure your User name & Pass is correct by accessing from another computer on same network.
Last, some older cameras do not like the 10.0.0.... format. You might want to get into router settings and change the LAN ip address config.to 192.168..... to reasign the older ip address config. I have hours and hours experience with this scenario over the last 8 years of dealing with Amcrest BS. Let me know if any of this works.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Thanks Larrry I was reply to the OP mine works just fine and was showing the OP what it should look like..

my 139 is a Win10 Pro, 101 FTP is 10 Pro, and my 39 FTP is a Linux system. All of my FTP servers are working with my 10.0.0.xx format IP and has for many years. Only issue that I have had is with passwords with digits Amcrest don't like to support. I just go in and fix it in a way I found so there is no real issue in the end and still use the bad digits in passwords if needed however today most of my Passwords omit the bad digits.
Be Safe.