Using Amcrest cloud changes camera settings

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
GaryPSU

Using Amcrest cloud changes camera settings

Post by GaryPSU »

My camera settings change by themselves. My main video stream changes from constant bit rate to VBR. My event detection area becomes the entire viewing area - which gives me numerous email alerts. This seems to happen after I've used Amcrest cloud. I will continue to test this by trial and error. Does this happen to anyone out there? Could something else be causing the settings to change?
Morgon

Re: Using Amcrest cloud changes camera settings

Post by Morgon »

I get similar issues when using more than one tool to change settings (e.g. mobile app + Amcrest Surveillance Pro + web browser (I don't use the Cloud site)). I had made some changes with one app a few days ago and was wondering why I no longer got MD alerts from my indoor camera. Turned out that the schedule was now empty.

The point of my anecdote is to ask whether you are only using the Cloud to administer your cameras, or if you switch off between the Cloud and another method for changing settings?
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello,

The settings in the cloud takes preference and unfortunately that is how it works. So if you are using the cloud, you might encounter this difficulty.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

GaryPSU

Post by GaryPSU »

Thanks. I stopped using Amcrests cloud, and so far all is well.