IP4M-1046EW-AI slowing down home nework

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
hotelmode

IP4M-1046EW-AI slowing down home nework

Post by hotelmode »

With the IP4M-1046EW powered on, my local network (via WiFi) slows to about 50% of its normal speed.

File transfers between two computers (one WiFi and one wired) go at roughly 5 MB/sec. With the camera OFF, it's 10+ MB/sec.

Visiting fast.com has the same results. With the camera on I get 20 Mbps.... camera off it goes up to 50+ Mbps.

It was A LOT worse before I disabled P2P and fiddled with the DNS settings.

I have the camera blocked from accessing the outside world, but even when I allow it the results don't change.

Any other troubleshooting I can do before contacting Amcrest? I'm using the latest firmware, V2.800.00AC000.0.R, Build Date: 2021-08-19

Thanks!

P.S. - I also have an IP2M-841 which doesn't seem to plague the network in the same fashion, aside from my UniFi controller software saying it has a WiFI "Experience" of 60%, despite being very close to an AP. All other devices in my house have a much better "WiFi Experience" score.
AndyRH

Re: IP4M-1046EW-AI slowing down home nework

Post by AndyRH »

What do you have the camera FPS set to? If it is default try dropping it to 10FPS and see if there is improvement.
Can you steer the camera to 1 band (2.4 Ghz?) and the computers to the other band (5Ghz?) on your Unifi AP? This may also help.
hotelmode

Re: IP4M-1046EW-AI slowing down home nework

Post by hotelmode »

AndyRH wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 11:59 am What do you have the camera FPS set to? If it is default try dropping it to 10FPS and see if there is improvement.
Can you steer the camera to 1 band (2.4 Ghz?) and the computers to the other band (5Ghz?) on your Unifi AP? This may also help.
Thanks for the suggestions. I seem to have fixed it by swapping out the PoE injector, but will keep an eye on things and report back if I still have problems.

I was using a Ubiquity PoE injector and switched it to a PoE port on my switch.