Amcrest POE NVR, can't get camera connected

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
soulchief

Amcrest POE NVR, can't get camera connected

Post by soulchief »

I purchased an Amcrest POE NVR (NV4108E) and a Hikvision camera (DS-2CD3132F-IW).

I've setup the NVR and plugged the camera into the POE port of the NVR. The lights on the camera turns on, but it's as if it cannot connect to the network. It doesn't show up when I try to search for devices in the NVR. I checked my router to see what devices are connected to the network and it's not showing up there either.

Is there some sort of setting I need to turn on with the NVR before it adds the camera to the network? I can't find any kind a manual for it, the manual on the website doesn't download for me.
Morgon

Re: Amcrest POE NVR, can't get camera connected

Post by Morgon »

If you run HDMI from the PVR to a television, are you able to see video from there? Using the on-screen keyboard is a true PITA, but I've found it to be the best way to get some of the initial settings taken care of, and will give you more direct access to the video feeds from connected cameras.
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: Amcrest POE NVR, can't get camera connected

Post by Melvin »

Hello soulchief,

If the camera is plugged in to the NVR port, the camera is behind the NVR and there will be no connection to the router. The NVR can only detect and work with Amcrest cameras this way. The third party camera you have might need to be connected to the router through another POE switch or injector for it to be detected. We also do not recommend other brands with our NVR as it might not be fully compatible.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us