AD410 Detecting Cat as Human Motion

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
creeve4

AD410 Detecting Cat as Human Motion

Post by creeve4 »

My new Ad410 doorbell is detecting a cat as Human Motion (see attachments):

Screenshot_20220411-081732.png
Screenshot_20220411-081732.png (258.1 KiB) Viewed 532 times
Snapshot 1.png
Snapshot 1.png (534.16 KiB) Viewed 532 times
Snapshot 2.png
Snapshot 2.png (763.69 KiB) Viewed 532 times

I have adjusted the detection zone for Human Detection and have also decreased the Human Detection Sensitivity to Low.

The only reason I bought this doorbell is because it was advertised as having Human Detection, but it is not working correctly. I need to be able to detect only Humans, not animals. Any suggestions (besides scheduling Human Detection off at night)?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: AD410 Detecting Cat as Human Motion

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I have 2 different cats that come on my porch and talk though my Grid. I will admit I did have a Chow 2 days ago for the first time Register as Human even though he is in my yard a lot since he moved in the neighborhood. First time it detected him as human.

So I wonder if your camera is still setup with Motion as well Or did you setup a Human Grid.. I found that if you put your Doorbell on DVR/NVR, ASP, BI or some other 3rd party device by default it will re enable motion if you had it turned off.

So I am clear normal motion grid and human grid are setup different and would look like pictures below. First one is from Smart Home app and is the Grid for my Camera. Second picture is from my 4216E-AI NVR that translates that into an IVS rule like it was coming from a AI camera and you can see that in the picture they are the same.

I have deer, rabbits, skunks, raccoons, dogs and cats that come though my yard and have not triggered human outside that one time a day or 2 ago.

I am not sure if you have your camera connected to some other Amcrest or a 3rd party hardware or software, if you do making any changes to the camera will make it unstable. Only way to cure it is by Resetting the Camera back to factory settings...

Outside of that sounds like you tried what was needed and changed from Med to low if that don't work and a reset don't help maybe the scene is to complex for it to work well..
Screenshot_20220411-122246_Amcrest Smart Home.jpg
Screenshot_20220411-122246_Amcrest Smart Home.jpg (884.51 KiB) Viewed 525 times
Screenshot (2343).jpg
Screenshot (2343).jpg (135.42 KiB) Viewed 525 times
Be Safe.
creeve4

Post by creeve4 »

Thank you for the tips!

The AD410 has separate controls for general Motion Detection and Human Detection (supposedly with an AI that can distinguish between the two). I will play around a little more with the zones for both.

I do have my AD410 connected to Surveillance Station running on my Synology NAS, although it is not connected to any other software. I did originally try to disable the general Motion Detection, which had no affect on the Human Detection thinking cats are humans, and with the added disadvantage of Surveillance Station no longer capturing any motion events. So I turned it back on.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So here is something I would do. Only an Idea. I don't have motion on mine turned on. That mainly has to do with all the traffic I have on my road 400 to 600 cars a day go by my home. Every time a truck or high enough car turns the corner to go down the hill in front of my home it will trigger a motion event. So i just turn on Full time Recording on my AI NVR for Audio mainly Then IVS picks up any humans.

Anyway for your setup. I would look at maybe doing a human grid in your Drive and limit the Motion to the front porch. Then when human is detected it should give you lets say a Pre Alert before they even get to the door. Then Motion on your NAS if they go to door. Also I guess what I am trying to do is change the area of the Grid for Motion to different area for Human Seeing you have them both turned on having motion by the door will still pick up the human after they have gone though your Human Grid in your Drive and walk to the front?

Here are a couple more pictures one showing Motion grid and one showing from my AI NVR the Human detection grid shorter then my first to try and give an idea of what I mean from 2 different parts of your area of View..

Even though in my pictures I am showing motion grid out and human in it is to show the idea of what I mean..
Screenshot (2344).png
Screenshot (2344).png (575.99 KiB) Viewed 518 times
Screenshot_20220411-160911_Amcrest Smart Home.jpg
Screenshot_20220411-160911_Amcrest Smart Home.jpg (680.45 KiB) Viewed 518 times
Be Safe.
creeve4

Post by creeve4 »

That is a neat trick! I will give it a try and see how it goes for a few days, thanks again!
Thoughts4You

Post by Thoughts4You »

Hmmm. It looks like Cat Woman (a.k.a. human). :)