Series 5 NVR

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
beaner2u

Series 5 NVR

Post by beaner2u »

Does the series 5 NVR still use DAV recording files? When you wish to export files do still need to first DAV to AVI?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Series 5 NVR

Post by Revo2Maxx »

My guess is that it is going to be DAV still. I know that my 4216E-AI NVR newer then the 5xxx series is still dav. Personally don't own one yet but is on my to do list..
Be Safe.
Bocage

Post by Bocage »

You can choose when you clip a segment...
NV5.jpg
NV5.jpg (38.28 KiB) Viewed 405 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

To be clear. I personally can't find any info about the 5xxx series NVR having another format from NVR. Using a software like Amcrest Surveillance Pro as Bocage is showing to export a clip then yes it would be true even for my old CVI DVR from 2015 I could choose the above formats for Export. From the NVR Menu the export is still DAV.
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So today I did some looking around in different areas of my 4216E-AI NVR that is going to be as close to the 5x series NVR's I found only 1 place that I can change the Export output format from DAV to MP4. You would need to use the Backup menu of the NVR. After seeing this I also looked on my 4116E-HS NVR that also has the backup and there DAV and MP4 options are listed.

So from the Backup menu it starts out in MP4 mode and has drop down with DAV..

My Guess is the 5x series will have same type backup menu with MP4 as default backup type..

As stated before by the other. Using ASP you have more options for Export types.
Be Safe.
Jay668

Post by Jay668 »

nv5216-8p here, mp4 is in the export list, but only ~20MB/s, probably due to encoding/decoding.
haven't checked the raw files in the HDD, likely dav.