IP camera bandwidth limit?

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
ppruett

IP camera bandwidth limit?

Post by ppruett »

I have 25 IP POE 4k Amcrest cameras run through a 24 port unifi switch that is run through 1g fiber to another switch that is connected to a HIKvision NVR (I did not choose this setup)

I have all the cameras up and running on a 172.16.*.* address off the network, and can see them from the direct connect to the NVR. But, when I try to pull them up on the web browser, it seems as if only 1 web browser can view all the cameras at once. If anyone else attempts to view them at the same time, they can only see a few cameras.

I am not a camera guy, and did not choose how any of this was set up. Is there a limit to how many can be viewed? All the laptops and PC's have the latest Ryzen 5 or higher and above 8G of ram. We have 200mbp of Fiber run into the building and all switches are connected via fiber.

What am I doing wrong here? I also can't use the web browser to set presets.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: IP camera bandwidth limit?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I would look up your NVR and see what the limit is. I have some older devices so maybe only a thing of the past but mine have limits on logins. One reason now I have Amcrest and Dahua products since.
Be Safe.