AD110 - Slow / delayed broadcast

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
leonardomrc

AD110 - Slow / delayed broadcast

Post by leonardomrc »

Hi,

I just installed my AD110 and it is so slow that by the time I pick up the call the person is gone! It takes almost 1 minute to pick up a call. And then there is a delay. This is so annoying.

When the call button is pressed, I get immediate notification. The problem is to pick up the call.

Wi-fi connection is perfect and the router is literally 2 meters from the doorbell.

One important info is that, although I am not sure, I think the problem occurred after I added the device to Synology Surveillance Station. IDK if the SSS is stealing resources from the doorbell. Any thoughts?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: AD110 - Slow / delayed broadcast

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sadly I would remove it from all other devices/software and then test it on the Smarthome app only.. Sadly it is really hard to say why or what the issue is.. Also sadly with the way these things work if the SSS made any changes to the doorbell camera it might need to be Reset and setup again on your app for it to work right... Case in point tonight I sadly used IP config tool only having the Right Password that I use for the Doorbell not even making any changes after bring the doorbell up on the IP config tool and now I need to go a Do a factory Reset because the Video looks really bad.. Not what it normally looks like. Again all I did was have the Right Password setup in my IP config Tool and when I clicked on the Device Config Tab.. I didn't make any changes yet the program did on its own and after I get up tomorrow I will go reset the Doorbell to get it back looking normal.. Was looking for a device that had the same Password normally this don't happen because I use a different password made the mistake sadly not my first time..
Be Safe.
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

@leonardomrc - I agree that just temporarily disconnecting your doorbell from the Synology would be the first thing to try to rule out any RTSP interference. While I don't use SSS, I do have my AD110 connected to Home Assistant and a Dahua NVR via RTSP and don't have a lengthy delay in answering a call.

Are you located outside the US? If so, the issue might be high latency contacting the Amcrest P2P server hosted on a US AWS server. (p2p.amcrestview.com 52.52.42.29 which "sadly" doesn't respond to a ping to measure latency)

@Revo2Maxx - or should I say @Sadly2Max :) LOL - 5 "sadly" in 1 post is a new record for you! I'm just teasing, no offense intended. Just amused there can be so much sadness in one post - otherwise, good advice!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Thanks I will work on that..
Be Safe.
leonardomrc

Post by leonardomrc »

GaryOkie wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:21 am
Are you located outside the US? If so, the issue might be high latency contacting the Amcrest P2P server hosted on a US AWS server. (p2p.amcrestview.com 52.52.42.29 which "sadly" doesn't respond to a ping to measure latency)
I live in South America. But I don't think this thing is only related to latency. Today I experienced a delay of 5 minutes between the moment when the person pressed the button and the moment when I was notified. That was my new record! :x

Also, I disconnected the doorbell from SSS but I still have it on Home Assistant. I guess I will have to reset the doorbell and give it a try. What's the best way to do it.
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

official way - remove cover, hold reset button until it announces that it is resetting.
or refer to this guide: https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... ell-AD110-

I've read that the plastic cover is flexible enough that you can actually press the reset button without having to remove the cover if you know exactly where the button is.

The biggest pain with a factory reset is having to do all the network setup again. The API guide says this command should work to do a reset yet preserve network settings...

Code: Select all

<ip_address>/cgi-bin/magicBox.cgi?action=resetSystemEx&type=1
Parameters in URL:
Type: it can be 0 or 1
0 means ALL parameters are set to their factory default value;
1 means all parameters are set to their factory default value expect the specific parameters;
The specific parameters of different device types are different. But it always contains the network settings and user settings. After resetting, the device is reachable on the same ip address as used before the reset.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@GaryOkie I just tried that and it returned Error Bad Request.
Be Safe.
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

Well, heck - it's documented in the Dahua API guide (section 4.6.26) and thought it should work for Amcrest devices. I see now that the Amcrest guide omits this command. This would have been a very useful tool for resetting the doorbell without having go go through all the network setup again.