Push Notification alerts - “No Recording”

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Mblaasta

Push Notification alerts - “No Recording”

Post by Mblaasta »

Hello - looking for some help. Recently had a power outage. Cameras back online - can live view and get motion alerts. When I try to view the alert, app opens and see “No Recording”.

Have had these camera for some time with very few issues. As of now the same issues with every camera - Push Notification comes but it shows no video.

One difference I can see is that the alerts are no longer creating a list in Push Notifications/Event List. Additionally, the time stamp is “00-00 00:00:00”. I get push notifications for motion with a good time stamp but the list does not grow - there remain only 3 on the list (one for each camera with the 00-00 00:00:00 time stamp).

Pics attached.

Cameras I have are: IPM723-W IPM721-B, IP2M-741

Appreciate any feedback!

BCE1F7AD-7204-49F9-A44D-5F7FDD2E2557.jpeg
BCE1F7AD-7204-49F9-A44D-5F7FDD2E2557.jpeg (118.05 KiB) Viewed 1766 times
FB406C01-6103-4F9F-98CB-14AF600EF848.jpeg
FB406C01-6103-4F9F-98CB-14AF600EF848.jpeg (61.51 KiB) Viewed 1766 times
4F110797-AC56-433C-8F07-07C68FF86B7B.jpeg
4F110797-AC56-433C-8F07-07C68FF86B7B.jpeg (56.15 KiB) Viewed 1766 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Push Notification alerts - “No Recording”

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum

There is a lot of things that come to mind... While I am not saying this is the issue. I am saying that this could be the cause for these issues...

1 network lag... At times when the Power goes off and or Brown/Black outs our Routers or Switches might not start back up with great speeds.
2 Network lag.. Could be in a place that your Cell company isn't getting good Network connection, Buildings or other things in the way
3 Loads of network Traffic do to time of day or maybe even Connection speeds are not within Specs...

I would try I know your power just came back on... But I would try 2 things. reset the Modem/Router and put your Network cable into another port of the router if your coming off a Wired system... Wireless.. well there is loads of other things that could be going on... Wifi Traffic in your area is high. This can be Wifi and Bluetooth devices... Not only talking about yours talking about anyone with in Range that might be fighting for the right of Channel they are on,...
Be Safe.
Mblaasta

Post by Mblaasta »

Hello...I have reset routers, camera's, app, etc...No Change to the issue outlined above. I do not think it is related to any kind of network lag or traffic as I have no issue pulling up a live feed at any time. Looking for any other options, thanks!
Erik3942

Post by Erik3942 »

Did you ever get resolution to this? I have a new camera installed (my seventh). When I receive motion notifications from the camera, I click to open the video and the Amcrest View app opens to a different camera with No Recording. It always pulls up the same camera but not the one with the notifications. And when I manually playback the video from the correct camera the video plays fine.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@Erik3942 Hello and Welcome to the Forum

Might want to make a new post with your Recorder Type, Camera type and Setup type of your system to get a better understanding what what you have going on so we can get you some ideas..
Be Safe.
JParker

Post by JParker »

I have the same issue on a new IP8M-T2599EW camera. It is hardwired to the router via CAT6 cable. When I tested the camera before installing it in its final location, it was able to record video associated with motion detection events. These recordings appeared correctly in the file list. Now that it's installed, the detection alerts appear on my mobile device but no video is associated with these events. The file list is empty. I am seeing disk errors (SD Card) in the event log. Yet I can trigger recordings of the live view without any issue. Perhaps there is a setting in the configuration menu that I inadvertently changed? Stumped.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@JParker Sorry your having some issues with a camera.. I would try a couple of things and see if anything cures the issue.. First and easiest most times try using the cameras cable in a different port then you have it connected to now on your Router/Switch or NVR. Next thing to try and not that everyone has extra Cat cable laying around but I would say run a different wire to the location and double check that there was not something damaged in the current cameras cat cable.. Please note that not every camera works the same so even if there is a different camera that can or does work in that area again it could be a Cable issue..

Please note that someone looking at the post might say that you said you have Disk errors and while this could also be related to bad cable caused by not enough voltage getting to the camera and or could be an issue trying to read the disk in playback so even that error can be related to bad port or bad cable and could be that it is going around corner to tight and stressed the wires or bad end or port related.. Personally in my 24 port I know I have 2 ports that if I connect a camera in I will get errors and camera will act bad.. Plug into a different port and camera is back working with little errors.. Don't notice any issues with a computer plugged into the port even though I can see in the Switches logs that there are errors on the port

One last thing,, WHile I know you said it is Wired just want to point out that when testing it is best to also use a wired connection to the computer or have a good connection to the router because if your working wirelessly and having some issues it might not even be related to the camera at all.. Just some ideas...
Be Safe.
elpresspl

Post by elpresspl »

Same thing happened to me. I noticed it AFTER the 4.0.4 update (iOS). 4.0.7 has the same issue.
It was working flawlessly before.
pmtrades

Post by pmtrades »

Similar issue. IP8M-T2599EW camera. I receive the notification of a motion even and then getting the spinning wheel for a long time OR Failed to connect
JParker

Post by JParker »

Solution for me has been to subscribe to Amcrest Cloud. I no longer record to the Micro SD card. Sadly, I have a new monthly expense, now.