Doorbell often makes verbal announcement about network

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
rshiras

Doorbell often makes verbal announcement about network

Post by rshiras »

Our amcrest doorbell periodically makes a verbal announcement stating something ending with the word "network".
What is going on and how do I configure it do stop doing that?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Doorbell often makes verbal announcement about network

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum...

Sadly this means one of a few things and hard to tell most times... First if you have use anything outside the Smart home app the other APP or device could have made changes to the camera that it didn't like and as such it will go into a Constant Boot Loop trying to heal itself..

Another issue could be that your device is to far form your wifi or there is to much traffic on your wifi to get and keep a good connection

The one that most people don't like is that the camera is starving for power.. At times people have installed the camera on a Transformer that isn't rated high enough to keep the system going at times this can be an issue at night time when the camera goes into night time mode and have ir running

What not to do.. DON'T TRY TO UPDATE IT IF IT ISN'T STABLE... You will brick it for sure as doing an update requires more power on top of all the extra things going on the system will fail in the middle of a update and die...

Things to make sure, That you are using a 16vac 30va min transformer, that your connection on the doorbell, Chime and transformer are tight, make sure that you have a good WiFi there and that your wires are not damaged kinked or under sized 24awg is most times to small of wire... Before doing anything I would do a Reset of the camera and don't connect it to anything outside Smart Home app and test it that first...

How can you tell if it is power Related.. Well not many people have loads of Power supplies laying around but the camera can be tested on a 12v 2amp power supply. Remove it form the Setup, and install the camera on a 12v power supply. Once it says Connected to Network I would Reset the Camera, Remove it from your Smart Home App and install it back when it asks you about adding a chime in the bottom corner pick Skip and finish the setup.. Doing this will let the camera run on 12vDC without an issue or harm to your power supply..

That test is the last Resort..
Be Safe.
narnwv

Post by narnwv »

I think what OP wanted, and now I'm curious about....

environmental issues aside, how would you disable that announcement? I don't want it ever saying anything. EVER.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Don't know of a Way to make it stop doing the Announcements however you can go to the Feature and Request area and put in for a Future update request to see if they can add something into the software or the app that will turn off all announcements. Personally for me if I am out checking the mail or doing something and I hear it then I know there is something wrong and I need to go look I can't hear it from inside the house because of the way the house is built however right now only way to keep it down would be to turn down the Speaker for now... Outside of that don't know how to mute the INFO Announcements...
Be Safe.