Bunch of issues with the NV5232E-16P

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
friggeri

Bunch of issues with the NV5232E-16P

Post by friggeri »

I've just spent the entire day trying to make this work but I'm struggling. My setup is the following:

- TP-LINK AX6000 router (should go up to 1148Mbps on the 2.4GHz band)
- NV5232E-16P is connected over ethernet to my router
- I have 8 IP8M-2496EB POE cameras that I haven't setup yet (need to do the CAT6 runs)
- I also have 8 IP4M-1051 WiFi cameras and a doorbell, all 9 of which are connected over wifi to the router.

I have faced the following issues so far:
1. I have two wireless networks (a 2.4GHz and a 5GHz one) both having the same SSID. This confused the wireless cameras and I had to disable the 5GHz one to make it work, this is obviously painful as I'd like to continue running both.

2. For the life of me I can't get the wireless cameras to play nice with the NVR. I do see them on the network, I'm even able to register them through the UI, but as soon as I add more than three cameras my entire network gets sluggish (as in, accessing anything on the network is painfully slow). I tried decreasing the resolution of all cameras to the bare minimum, I also tried disabling recording on the NVR, nothing helps. I'd really like to be able to stream everything to the NVR and then that be the single point of connection to the rest of my home infrastructure. Is that not possible?

3. The fan on the PSU of the NVR is extremely loud, the device is in my mechanical closet and I can hear it from my living room, any thoughts on home to quiet it would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Bunch of issues with the NV5232E-16P

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum..

First and sadly I have to say most likely issue is going to be CCA cables.. If you don't already own the Cat6a cables. I would make sure they are not CCA.. Now I have to admit I dog CCA because it is JUNK and very bad for POE cameras loaning one of my AI cameras to a Friend just killed one and it is less then 5 months old.. Everything is dead, However there is voltage going to the Mic Power OUtput and because it is a White Led Color at night camera I know the camera is good in respect to the board because after I reset it (Had the LEDS off for my Use) however after reset the LEDs come on when I block out light from the camera and that is what tells the system to turn on the LEDS there is no LDR in it like some IR cameras have to since when the light goes down..

Next issue and hate to say it might be the High tech Router.. I mean I personally have way to many of my own Routers, 2 very old Tp-Link dual speed routers, 3 Nighthawks, 2 Uni (Bridge) and an Engenius Extended outdoor unit.. Sadly they are all older then the hills lol Only using 2 of the Nighthawks the 3 is setup to replace my main if it fails.. Everything is setup so only have to plug in and everything is all ready to go..

Anyway some people have issues with Mesh and High tech routers with old or current tech cameras... Security camera need a good clean air space if you live in a large area with everyone around fighting for the Wifi Channels that can be an issue.. Wifi and bluetooth work on numbers that can fight for what and who..
Next thing and back to first part of my Post a Good Solid Copper Cat5e or Cat6a is a Must or things just won't work well....

Here is what I Would try first..

Change out the cable and if that didnt' help change out the Port the NVR is plugged in.. Say you router is 4 ports, computer in 1 and NVR in 2 change out to try 3 an 4 if they are open maybe it is a bad port even swap out for the one your computer is in.. Maybe even change out the cable with your computer cable...

Also best to use Noctua for replacement a lot of people use them.. Just make sure that you look at the fan you have now and buy what is needed in same Voltage that your current one is.. Meaning 5v don't try and install a 12v or if it is a 12v fan don't try and use a 5v..
Be Safe.
friggeri

Post by friggeri »

Thanks for your response.

I haven't plugged the POE yet, so no problems there.

Thanks for the tip to change the fan, I'll do that.

The main issue which I'm still not sure how to resolve is getting all the wireless cameras onto the NVR. It's currently plugged directly in the router, I already tried different ports, no dice. I don't think it's an issue with the wifi network, when I use the AmcrestViewPro app on my phone and I add each camera individually, I can stream (in low def) all 8 cameras at the same time, and the network is fine. It's just when I try to register them with the NVR that everything breaks. Have you ever seen anything like this?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well Just went though this now with another person that has a 4116E-HS and sadly the Wifi camera even turning off the ONVIF Auth.. Still didn't want to work.. Well from the normal network side.. It would work with App and webUI just not on the NVR.. After they updated to the 2020 FW it was working over the normal network so if you have not updated to the new FW maybe that is going to be needed just liek they had to do with their 16ch POE nvr..
Be Safe.
friggeri

Post by friggeri »

Oh interesting, is that a new firmware for the NVR, or for the cameras?

Looks like my cameras are running V2.620.00AC000.3.R, Build Date: 2019-09-19

Also, what's that about ONVIF authentication? To clarify, I don't have an issue with authenticating, it's really a bandwidth problem overall
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well the NVR you can find the FW update here https://amcrest.com/firmwaredownloads also for your cameras if there are any new over the ones you have already installed..

Onvif Authentication is like turning off the ability to require a password for your nVR.. SO you could have yourpassword123 setup however with it turned off the wrong password would still work like the default for some of the older cameras admin admin...

Bandwidth issue most times comes down to bad cable or bad port on your router or switch or combo of both...
Be Safe.