Motion Detect missing Frames

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
zplugger

Motion Detect missing Frames

Post by zplugger »

I have 4 cameras on my NVR system, two IP8M-T2499EW-28MM and two IP5M-T1179EW-28MM cameras. I can walk around the house and the two IP5M-T1179EW-28MM will have miss frames. Like they skip time and does not show the entire event, but the two IP8M-T2499EW-28MM work perfect and nothing missing. What should I change on the two IP5M-T1179EW-28MM to get the entire event?
zplugger

Re: Motion Detect missing Frames

Post by zplugger »

Did a lot or testing different setting to find the problem, I have it working perfect right now with a added 5MB camera. So running 5 cameras right now. What I did was changed the Bit Rate setting on each camera to Customized 3050. I can walk around the house to set off 4 cameras to record at once. On playback of each camera they are perfect with no skipping. I guess the bit rate would be different for different networks, all my cameras are poe and hooked to a nvr.
ExTechjunkie

Re: Motion Detect missing Frames

Post by ExTechjunkie »

What’s that an increase or decrease of the bitrate? Curious to know if the cameras couldn’t manage the compression to lower bitrate or if the NVR couldn’t keep up recording the higher bitrate. I’m assuming the former not the latter.