AD110 connected to NV4108E-HS

This Forum its to discuss the new Smart Home Devices.
Lenb55

AD110 connected to NV4108E-HS

Post by Lenb55 »

I purchased my AD110 a while ago along with a POE 4K camera. I had everything working fine just using the sd cards in both cameras. I ran into trouble when I added the AD110 to surveillance pro and lost the motion detection function. I found out from support and this forum that I can't mess with the config for the ad110 on anything except the smart home app. Ok so after knowing that everything was working good until I bought a NV4108E-HS NVR. I thought I could add the AD110 to the NVR along with my POE cameras. I tried not to change the config of the AD110 from the NVR or the view pro software I now need to remotely view the NVR. It was working ok until today but now the motion detection is gone again on the AD110. I don't know what caused it if it was the nvr or view pro or even surveillance pro. Before I go through the trouble of a factory reset is there anything I should look out for? I'm not even sure what good the NVR is to the AD110 if I can't configure it for motion detection. It has been recording fine to the NVR but I can't get email notification to work. The POE camera setup works fine except I can't view the sd card in it anymore probably because it is behind the NVR subnet I guess. Has anyone else used a NVR connected to a AD110 for anything other than recording?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: AD110 connected to NV4108E-HS

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Word of Caution. Don't use a NVR and ASP with the AD110 at the same time.. I have had nothing but issues when I do and the last time caused a strange and first for me issue where the camera would cycle on and off hearing connected to network over and over again.. After doing a Factory Reset this was cured and I don't use ASp anymore with the AD110.. Seeing it has enough issues on its own I don't want to promote them.. I have been working with my NVR for long time and everything works well

However for me in the last update of something I no longer get alerts from the camera my Button pushes are only a Vibra alert and I am not sure if that is caused by the software or NVR so I just accept it as it is.. My second one works however it has a MSD only I get alerts and motion with Ring calls both are on the same FW only difference is I have the first one connected to my 2116-HS where my other one isn't connected to anything outside of the Indoor Chime, Chime kit and a 30va 16vac power supply all records go to MSD only I have 3 other cameras that cover the area on Recorders so any thing that might happen with that doorbell will be captured on a different camera and one has Face Detection with Alerts that works well I have yet to get a false alert so I have no issues with that install.. For the first one sadly it is connected to NVR and is also recording on MSD however because of it being on my Front door I also have 3 cameras in the FOV (Field Of View) however for Audio I removed my Mic and using the Mic of the AD110 only so I have it connected to my NVR as source of Audio for front. Moved my Mic from front to a different location for a camera that didn't have Mic built in..
Be Safe.
Lenb55

Post by Lenb55 »

Revo2Maxx, thanks for the reply. I got it working again after a reset. I deleted the amcrest surveillance software from my pc. I will just log into the nvr directly from home. I still worried about the view pro and the nvr screwing with the doorbell config though. Do you know if it is possible to setup motion detection on the nvr or view pro for the doorbell cam? I like them because they can send an email with snapshots.
Thanks
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sadly for my system before the 2020 FW update on my NVR I was able to work with notices from my NVR about my doorbell and also my Smart home app worked since the update it seems to have choked out the notices. For all other cameras as long as I have Snapshot setup on my camera I can get them from my NVR no longer works with my AD110.. I am starting to think it is the cause of my Camera not working as expected as well. So I am about to Remove it from my NVR and do a Factory Reset and test that it works as expected because my Second one works as expected however it isn't connected to my NVR or any recorder outside the Cameras MSD...

My first one that is on the NVR no alerts on Motion but I can see Motion event on NVR, when called (Pushing button) it don't ring my phone and I don't get any alert events and this has been Reset back to factory after FW update on both the NVR and the Camera

Second one I get motion alerts, it Rings my phone when button is pushed and only 1 reset after FW update where the first one I have done maybe 3 or 4 now so only thought left is the relation between NVR and AD110 has the doorbell camera acting up.
Be Safe.
ExTechjunkie

Post by ExTechjunkie »

My AD110 on the shipped firmware version no longer reports motion after having set its IP address with my NVR. Bell ring push alerts to my phone still work via the Smart Home app and constant normal recording to my NVR still works so I’m counting my blessings.

On this version, I can answer bell calls in smart home successfully, as long as I make a (failed) talk attempt in smart home after every call. The talk feature in the Amcrest View Pro iPhone app also works.

No problems with WiFi connection.

Based on what I’ve read here, I’m best off not updating to a newer firmware.

Would love it if motion detection could be restored, but not at the expense of anything that’s currently working for me.

Has anyone tried a Dahua firmware?
ExTechjunkie

Post by ExTechjunkie »

ExTechjunkie wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:24 pm My AD110 on the shipped firmware version no longer reports motion after having set its IP address with my NVR. Bell ring push alerts to my phone still work via the Smart Home app and constant normal recording to my NVR still works so I’m counting my blessings.
Motion detection issue solved. I used http://<ip address of doorbell cam>/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=getConfig&name=All to compare the values before and after the "fix" and found that prior to the "fix" the following table entries were missing entirely. The lines following completely did not exist.

table.All.MotionDetect[0].EventHandler.MMSEnable=false
table.All.MotionDetect[0].EventHandler.MatrixEnable=true
table.All.MotionDetect[0].EventHandler.TimeSection[7][0]=0 00:00:00-00:00:00
table.All.MotionDetect[0].EventHandler.TimeSection[7][1]=0 00:00:00-00:00:00
table.All.MotionDetect[0].EventHandler.TimeSection[7][2]=0 00:00:00-00:00:00
table.All.MotionDetect[0].EventHandler.TimeSection[7][3]=0 00:00:00-00:00:00
table.All.MotionDetect[0].EventHandler.TimeSection[7][4]=0 00:00:00-00:00:00
table.All.MotionDetect[0].EventHandler.TimeSection[7][5]=0 00:00:00-00:00:00
table.All.MotionDetect[0].Level=6
table.All.MotionDetect[0].Region[0]=0
table.All.MotionDetect[0].Region[1]=0
table.All.MotionDetect[0].Region[2]=0
table.All.MotionDetect[0].Region[3]=0
table.All.MotionDetect[0].Region[4]=0
table.All.MotionDetect[0].Region[5]=0
table.All.MotionDetect[0].Region[6]=0
table.All.MotionDetect[0].Region[7]=0
table.All.MotionDetect[0].Region[8]=0
table.All.MotionDetect[0].Region[9]=0
table.All.MotionDetect[0].Region[10]=0
table.All.MotionDetect[0].Region[11]=0
table.All.MotionDetect[0].Region[12]=0
table.All.MotionDetect[0].Region[13]=0
table.All.MotionDetect[0].Region[14]=4194303
table.All.MotionDetect[0].Region[15]=4194303
table.All.MotionDetect[0].Region[16]=4194303
table.All.MotionDetect[0].Region[17]=4194303
table.All.MotionDetect[0].Region[18]=4194303
table.All.MotionDetect[0].Region[19]=4194303
table.All.MotionDetect[0].Region[20]=4194303
table.All.MotionDetect[0].Region[21]=4194303
table.All.MotionDetect[0].Region[22]=0
table.All.MotionDetect[0].Region[23]=0
table.All.MotionDetect[0].Region[24]=0
table.All.MotionDetect[0].Region[25]=0
table.All.MotionDetect[0].Region[26]=0
table.All.MotionDetect[0].Region[27]=0
table.All.MotionDetect[0].Region[28]=0
table.All.MotionDetect[0].Region[29]=0
table.All.MotionDetect[0].Region[30]=0
table.All.MotionDetect[0].Region[31]=0

The "fix" was to use the windows desktop Amcrest View Pro application to configure the motion detection settings of the doorbell cam, added directly to the software (not through the NVR).