Is there a way to have the camera take continues pictures during an event and not just a few pictures?

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
fjl05

Is there a way to have the camera take continues pictures during an event and not just a few pictures?

Post by fjl05 »

I have a set of IP8M-T2499EB cameras. And whenever there is a motion event, it will record video and take a few snapshots but will only take a max of 5 snapshots and stop even if there is an event that lasts for minutes. It wont take anymore snapshots than 5 and actually wont even take anymore snapshots until the first event has cleared. Is there a way to get it to continue to take snapshots as long as there is continuous motion or basically during the whole event?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Is there a way to have the camera take continues pictures during an event and not just a few pictures?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Within your Event Setup for motion an recording you would want to set Anti Dither to 0 and I set a record time of 30 to 120 depending on the camera and that is under the Delay Record and at first confused me as I thought that is how long I want it to delay before recording lol. Now I know better..

Also if the Anti Dither didn't help one thing that you would want to do for getting the best results for Pictures of an Event is have little Pre Event Record setup. Main thing that I found was if you wanted a 10 second record time before event started because of fast motions this can cause slower motions to only get a empty scene. So keep Pre Record short. Again for me depending on the camera and event type records to be kept I change them as to the needs.. So one don't fit all in my setup..
Be Safe.
fjl05

Re: Is there a way to have the camera take continues pictures during an event and not just a few pictures?

Post by fjl05 »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:48 am Within your Event Setup for motion an recording you would want to set Anti Dither to 0 and I set a record time of 30 to 120 depending on the camera and that is under the Delay Record and at first confused me as I thought that is how long I want it to delay before recording lol. Now I know better..
wait you confused me a bit. what exactly do those options do? am I setting it to so any event, it will record for a minimum of 30 seconds of footage? And what is the purpose of anti dither?

Reading the manual this is what I get for both options but I dont think I understand the explanations.

• Anti-Dither: This field allows the user to set the anti-dither time. The values in this field can range from 5 to 600
seconds. This time value controls how long the alarm signal lasts. Based on motion detection, a buzzer can go off,
a tour can begin, a snapshot can be taken, or the camera can begin recording.

For example, if the anti-dither time is set to 10 seconds, each alarm may last 10 seconds if the local alarm
is activated. During the process, if the system detects another local alarm signal at the fifth second, the
buzzer, tour, snapshot, record channel functions will begin another 10 seconds while the screen prompt,
alarm upload, email will not be activated again. After 10 seconds, if system detects another alarm signal, it
can generate a new alarm since the anti-dither time has expired.

• Record Delay: This field specifies in seconds how long the delay between alarm activation and recording should be.

I'll try your settings though and see what results I get.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yes sadly off that info for the longest time I had my system setup where it would only give 3 or 5 images and still does in Email because it has to keep low traffic profile. However on a Push it don't really push you images it pushes the Event and when you click it there is a Record event with for me any way sometimes I have had 15 to 30 images within a Motion event and plays out like a Video but is just images being played and you can see them in the line..

Again it wasn't until I changed my Anti Dither to 0 and on the snap shot I am not sure really how to explain but I know that with in Recording when I changed to a higher value 30 to 120 as I said it was then that my Image package would become larger. So I am guessing and again only a Guess that it says ok recording in 30 seconds, anti dither is at 0 image is a 3 still movement keep the images coming however if I change the 0 back to 5 or more then there is a Delay that the camera or NVR would have to cool off before taking another motion hit

Also please note that I have had some issues within my DVR/NVR line up for these to work right. Right now I know for sure it is working in my 2116-HS with 4.0FW from 2020. IN my other ones I own a 4108h and 4108E both are non HS. One of them works the other don't on all channels but did get it to work if I turn the Image Quality down little from 6 to 4.. My CVI 7204 is a hit and miss, At times I can get it to work and other I just get a Push an no images at all..
My Cameras are around the same..

1 Thing to note for cameras that are stand alone, there needs to be a MSD installed for this to work as well. Good connection, High speed network and good in network connection or good Cell Data connection. I did have some Cell quality issues in town high buildings where I would get an alert but only a few 3 to 5 images would play. However playing again after the Service is better from the event log it was around 12 images played.

don't have your camera and so things might differ however most times they work around the same way from one to another.. I know there is a couple that don't push any images at all..
Be Safe.
fjl05

Post by fjl05 »

ok thanks for the info. I'll fiddle around with the settings and see what outcome i get.