Region setting

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
zplugger

Region setting

Post by zplugger »

I have a camera set up running all 4 regions with different setting, is their a way to tell what region set off a motion detection?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Region setting

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Great question. In short the answer used to be that it would trigger with the Grid Name

So for one of mine, It would say, Driveway, Backdoor, BackWindow and SideRback and when it triggered I would know what caused the trigger. However as of late it seems only way I can get that info is by looking in the logs that is fine really...
Detailed Information
Time:02-03-2021 10:25:21 PM
User Name:System
Type:Event Begin
Content:
Channel NO.: 1
Event Type: Motion Detect
Region Name: Driveway

If it isn't named then the Region 1, 2,3,4 would be as it was before a name was put in..

I will admit that I get a lot of false alarms because of Snow right now and have my alerts off and might be why I don't get anything with names but I remember at 1 time I did..
Be Safe.
zplugger

Post by zplugger »

Thanks Revo2Maxx
What I mean is what region in a certain channel set off motion recording. I have the channel named driveway, in the event region set I'm using all 4 regions with different Sensitivity and threshold setting. When the driveway motion is setoff is there a way to know what region in the Anti Dither set it off?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Interesting, So your saying that your Camera name is Driveway and your asking about region names that you named or left the same name as they come? That is why I name my Regions so I know what one set off and when I get the alert I know what and where it is. If it is in the Important area then I will look if not so much and normal time when Sun Reflections set off the alert then I don't bother but if lets say I get an alert at that area that would be outside the normal times of Reflections or something like that then I will take a better look and check out over Event history. Also if I have an Event that is in middle of my Regions without a Trigger from one of the others before I don't pay much to it..

Said above Driveway is one of my regions. While right now that it kind of Moot point seeing I have 4 other cameras on that area that will Pop up Full screen on my Monitoring screens I still have it setup for back up and to know if I am away and that camera is P2P so I can see if it happens to pop up for more looking.

So I am guessing your saying your camera is Called Driveway,
Region 1, 2, 3, and 4 are still named that way. Then again outside of Logs right now not sure how unless you setup for alerts on your app? So I did just turn back on Notices on AVP (Amcrest View Pro) and while I did get an alert it didnt say what set it off so then seems only way is in Logs or maybe ASP might be I can't connect that camera to it as it messes up my system for some odd reason..
Be Safe.
zplugger

Post by zplugger »

Hello Revo2Maxx
I found the info,I was trying to look at log on nvr and it does not give that info. When I log into the camera with web it has the info. I did change the regions from 1 2 3 4 to red,blue,yellow,green. Now I see when motion is activated what region set it off. You have to jump a lot of loops to get this info but its there.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yes sadly I get lost a little now days as I have a different camera been working with. Not that all my other Amcrest cameras don't I just have a lot to take in and have to try and remember things about the others..
Be Safe.
zplugger

Post by zplugger »

Thanks again for all your help, I have learned a lot from you. I think Amcrest make a great camera system, its not a plug in play system to make everything perfect. I don't think anybody makes that, you have to know your system and all the changes need to make it perfect. If this forum was not here not sure if I ever would of got this running. My daytime pictures are a 10, nighttime is a 5. Need to work on some night time lighting to fix that, its not the cameras fault.Not sure if the new NVR series let you make more setting changes like the current web ui.